C6 Vette install.

audioarsonal
10+ year member

JaMarcus
Hey guys got a customer that brought in a C6 yesterday.Its a really nice car.I have personally never seen the inside so this is my first real look at the entire car, other then just seeing one on the road.

The customer wants 2 JLW3 8's behind the seats a 500.1 in the back area and a Z2 head unit.

I got to work today installing the W8's behind the seats and preping for the amp.

Here are the pics I took today of the progress....

IMGP3439.jpg

IMGP3440.jpg

IMGP3441.jpg

IMGP3442.jpg

IMGP3443.jpg

IMGP3444.jpg

IMGP3445.jpg

I've done sat's in a couple of'em. Definitely a nice car. Dissassembles just like any other chevy, too lmao.

install looks clean tho, bro.

I've done sat's in a couple of'em. Definitely a nice car. Dissassembles just like any other chevy, too lmao.
install looks clean tho, bro.
Thank you sir.We also have a BMW 635Ci that we are doing a complete make over.Intrior,sounds,dash,doors,everything.Its gonna be nice.I'll get some pics of it too.

Oh I didnt know the w3s had the little circle on the front, I thought they had a JL Audio dustcap.
yup, the w3v2 (and original w3?)'s had the dustcap,

the w3v3's have the emblem.

A buddy of mine had 4 12 w3v2's put in the back of his tahoe put in at hifibuys... he blew one... took it back to them and they put all w3v3's in no charge... too bad they're out of business (at least in my neighborhood) now...

Everything on the car is push button.The handles on the outside are touch sensitive.On the inside its push button start/ACC,the door ahs no handle just a button to release it(there is a manual handle located on the floor,I guess its for when all the electronics go out in it).

Well I got the Vette finished and all is good.Here are some more pice I got of the finished product.Sorry no real step by step pics.I gotta work too:D

Anyway...

IMGP3470.jpg

IMGP3471.jpg

IMGP3472.jpg

IMGP3473.jpg

There was no place on this ***** to get a good ground.Here is about the only place on the vehicle that is actually metal AND connected to the frame.

IMGP3476.jpg

IMGP3477.jpg

IMGP3478.jpg

IMGP3480.jpg

IMGP3481.jpg

It was a little tricky working with this thing.I thought I had broke something more then a few times on it.Some much stuff is computered controlled its not even funny.

All in all it was a great learning experiance and I can't wait for the next challange:)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

audioarsonal

10+ year member
JaMarcus
audioarsonal
close to home...
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date