12" Type X

That is irrelevant, since both are in to different installations, boxes are different, as well as amps.
Swap out you Type X for one of his Type R's, and you will be able to tell us which is louder..
True True..i would liek to find out once and for all which is louder in any given enclosure, with the same amp and enclosure....it would be nice to know.

i recently got a 12" type-x. do not listen to these fools who says the type-r is louder...my cousin has 2 type-r's and my X is still louder, not to mention that it totaly destroys it in SQ.
What kind of power are you running to the TypeX? Which model of amplifier?

Thanks.

It has nothing to do with ignorance... The Type X is not a SPL subwoofer, and wasnt meant to be one. It is a SQ subwoofer, in the right application of course it will get loud. I am not telling you that your subwoofer is not louder than his, I am just saying is that it is all install dependant. The Type R is currently Alpine's budget SPL subwoofer, and it is doing very well at achieving high SPL for many people. I personally hate the fad as well, just think that you should hear the R's in a different install before you make a final decision.
Do you, or have you ever owned a Type-X and a Type-R?

I doubt it.

So stfu with your advice on subs you've never even owned. Seriously.

im running an infinity amp, i tested the rms power and it come out ot a bit over 710watts, even though its rated at liek 660rms

you are talking about a Type X being a waste of money and then you talk about going with a W7. WTF?

Have any experience with any of them? Type X happends to be a d*mn fine sounding subwoofer. One of the nicest I have ever heard and mess with. Your noobish comments are worthless

Has anyone had an Alpine Type X 12" onto something that would put out the power if an Alpine MRD-M1005? (This is rated at 1000W RMS, but some people are saying its doing about 700-800W RMS)
I had a Type R, and I just dont want to be so finicky(sp) with the volume/bass knob //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif I blew a Type R already.

PS - Why is there no 15" Type X?! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

So I guess in comparison, the Type X, and a Type R with the same amount of power be just as loud as each other??

Thanks.
just did a type x in a big box with the M1005 on it (1,000w RMS) it hits hard as hell but, you can tell the sub is starving for more power, i would say minimum of 2 M1005's on it

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/hilarious.gif.02a037aad04aa96f19982b298a3d70a8.gif
Funny isnt he?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif :laugh: //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

I hope you are joking
I'm sure you have a lot of knowledge about type r's and type x's, but try to be a little more helpful to people instead of calling everyone that disagrees with you or makes a false statement a "worthless noob".

A simple, I hope your joking comment is implying that I am saying he is a newb?

I do hope he is joking. For a daily driver, a Type X, in my own experience, would not last long on 2kw. The main part is that he said 2kw is a minimum. Ok whats the maximum? 2500 -3000 watts? Say bye bye Type X

You're right about it not being able to handle that much power daily. And there are quite a few time in this thread when you have called people a newb and told them that their comments are useless. I'm not trying to be an ass here, but how is that going to help people learn?

As far as the topic goes...I think you would be better off just going ported with a 12" type r. That should get you closer to the spl you are looking for and it should sound decent with the right tuning, but set the gains conservatively this time. If you are just looking for something louder, I don't think the type-X is what you want.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.