Type R question--Type r readers only

bjfish11
5,000+ posts

FisherCustoms.com
i didnt want to read through thousands of post in the type r thread. And i dont want to get harrased by all the anti type rs. I just have a simple question and i want some opinions on it.

I got one 12" type r already in a 4.125 cu. ft. ported enclosure tuned to 36. Running off a Viper 1200.1. Now my question is...im considering getting another type r and going with a dual chamber 4 cube a piece tuned to 32ish off the viper. I want to know advantages\disadvantages and opinions if this will be worth it. I have a 96 s10 reg cab with blow through, so i have the space to do it, i just want to make sure it will be worthwhile. Im thinking that i can put less stress on the subs and tune lower and not lose any dbs by adding another r. Thats basically my take on it, now i want yours.

hell one guy on here has 2 with like 1.7 net each and he said its his hardest hitting system yet, louder than his L7 and sx15, i would say 2.5 cubes per is optimal but 4.125 for 2 will work great. but i would make a box that is 5 cubes net (not including port)

werent all the god **** specs stickied to the top of this section for type r's? why are people still asking on , power, enclosures . Why the hell do you have a 12 in a 4.0+ ported enclosure?

hell one guy on here has 2 with like 1.7 net each and he said its his hardest hitting system yet, louder than his L7 and sx15, i would say 2.5 cubes per is optimal but 4.125 for 2 will work great. but i would make a box that is 5 cubes net (not including port)

That would be me

I would say that 4 cubes is too big for the R. Bigger doesnt always mean better. I would say to run each 12 off of 2.5 cubic feet NET and tune it to around 30-33. I have mine tuned to 32 right now, kinda wish I would have tuned it to 30. If you wanted to add a 3rd subwoofer since you have the room, I would suggust getting a 2k watt amp. That would set them nicely.

im running 800 watts to it at the moment at 2 ohms, 600 to each at 1 ohm if i add another and i know there were a lot of people on here saying to go with 4 cubes if you have the room. im positive i read that all over the place here, because i would have never went that big without a lot of people recommending that.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.