12" Type X

Secondly the RMS Rating on a 15" Type R is 750W, which is closer to what my amp puts out.

The Type R can take 750w no problem... There are people running upwards of 1000w RMS to it with no problem. You clipped your amp, and blew your sub. Good job being an idiot.

That is irrelevant, since both are in to different installations, boxes are different, as well as amps.
Swap out you Type X for one of his Type R's, and you will be able to tell us which is louder..
We have the same box...his is jsut suited for 2 12

s instead of one 12. I find it highly ignorant to believe that a type-r is louder and hits harder than an x. get over it, type-r is not the best sub on earth, all this hype makes me wanna vomit on peoples ignorance. there will always be somethnig better than what one has.

We have the same box...his is jsut suited for 2 12s instead of one 12. I find it highly ignorant to believe that a type-r is louder and hits harder than an x. get over it, type-r is not the best sub on earth, all this hype makes me wanna vomit on peoples ignorance. there will always be somethnig better than what one has.

It has nothing to do with ignorance... The Type X is not a SPL subwoofer, and wasnt meant to be one. It is a SQ subwoofer, in the right application of course it will get loud. I am not telling you that your subwoofer is not louder than his, I am just saying is that it is all install dependant. The Type R is currently Alpine's budget SPL subwoofer, and it is doing very well at achieving high SPL for many people. I personally hate the fad as well, just think that you should hear the R's in a different install before you make a final decision.

Type-r > all

You all should know that. The type-r is going to get louder in an SPL install. But on most daily driver installs with the giving RMS power, normally the type-x will be louder. But it will be dependant on the install as usual.

We have the same box...his is jsut suited for 2 12s instead of one 12. I find it highly ignorant to believe that a type-r is louder and hits harder than an x. get over it, type-r is not the best sub on earth, all this hype makes me wanna vomit on peoples ignorance. there will always be somethnig better than what one has.

Your noobish ignorant comments make me want to sh*t on myself

Anyone have experience w/ a SEALED 15" Type R?
ive heard, experienced, and saw 2 15 type-rs sealed and my ported 15xxx was louder. (yeah, yeah, all in the install) this guys box was pretty solid (dont know the volume, but it was big and braced). power was sufficient (t10001bd). it sounded muddy and sloppy. i deamed incorrect amp settings.

ive heard a couple sealed type-r setups now and i think, personally, i would port them. i heard a 10 sealed and again, sounded muddy. it was in a pre-fab box though.

i would port them (im sure they are wonderful ported), but maybe you can make them sound good sealed.

Have my type r's sealed and sound great for spl and not bad on sq. I am running them off 1100 rms amp. Like everyone said though it is in your setup. Everything has some effect on how it will sound. Power, electrical,kind of amps,enclousere,coustics of the car. So we all cant be like oh this sounds louder than that. I am sure that I am louder than other cars out there that have spent alot more money on there product and also I am sure the are other cars out there that are louder and sound bettter than mine. I just dont understand how we can compare it to other rides/setups.

Sure. I love misleading, re-defined, self indulged representations of others words. Way to go buddy:thumbsup:
Misleading? Redefined? Those are cut & pasted from your posts and presented in chronological order, buddy. Where have I changed them?

Misleading? Redefined? Those are cut & pasted from your posts and presented in chronological order, buddy.

If you can't find the sarcastic humor in the Type-R comment, you're a Fucking idiot. And need to pay more attention to life buddy.

Where have I changed them?

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eyebrow.gif.fe2c18d8720fe8c7eaed347b21ea05a5.gif Posting them in the context you did is misleading. Type-r > all is a recent stab at the Type-r boner going around here. How old are you?

Yeah, ok, dramatic irony against me.

Actually, I'm more focused on life (long story) to realize what's going on. I'm changing my sig.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.