12" Sub for SQ...$175-$250

korndawg
10+ year member

IA
OK guys, i need your help. My g/f is already buggin me for xmas ideas so I'm asking her for a new 12" sub to replace my old dual 10 inch MTX Black Golds. I need a sub thats gonna hit hard and fast since I listen to heavy metal music. The price range she is giving me is $175-$250 and it will be powered by a Kicker ZX1000.1 amp. What are your suggestions? Thanks!

RL-p. Oh, or the two prototypes in my sig. They're 8"ers. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I'm putting a kicker zx1000.1 on my Fi Q12. Sealed 1.55 cubes. Hope to have it done this weekend. If you haven't made up your mind, check back here Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to post about my new setup.

By the way, AA doesn't have any more 12" Arsenals. I tried to get one about a month ago. Spoke with Chad, they won't have anything available till the first of the year.

I'm putting a kicker zx1000.1 on my Fi Q12. Sealed 1.55 cubes. Hope to have it done this weekend. If you haven't made up your mind, check back here Monday. Hopefully I'll be able to post about my new setup.
By the way, AA doesn't have any more 12" Arsenals. I tried to get one about a month ago. Spoke with Chad, they won't have anything available till the first of the year.
Sweet. Can't wait for your review.

alpine type x are surprisingly good sounding too, along with some id q's

here what id say

fi q > si bm > rl-p > id q > type x > jl w3v2

at least in my mind, any one of those could sound better than the other in a properly installed box and install job.

Mike

Aren't the Type X, and IDQ's way SQ oriented they just happen to get loud doing so. And aren't the BM, Q, Rl-P, and arsenal designed to be Both SQ and SQL? Please correct me if wrong.

I dont really know how a W3 would rate in the mix?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.