12" SQ Sub

hey everyone, im sure this is a really common topic but searching the forum i couldnt find a thread that answered my question.

so, ive got a kicker comp 12 in a prefab ported box right now on 200RMS. for what it is and what i paid for it, it performs great. however since i bought it, ive added a 4-channel amp and dropped in Alpine type-r 5.25's and the kicker is now the weakest link in the system (along with the head unit, which is being replaced in a couple weeks).

i bought an alpine 500.1 and am now on the lookout for a new 12, under $400 preferably, that will blow the Kicker out of the water with the new amp on SQ. ive been considering a JL 12W6v2 but am wondering if there are any better subs out there for the money.

i will build a sealed box to the manufacturer's dimensions for whatever sub i end up getting. ive got the room to spare //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif hah

Thanks for replying to the newbie!

Will

146 on music sealed up. not bad for 2 10's on 1700rms rated but I don't like ''loud'' anymore. it's been maybe 5-6 months since they have been up over 1/4

JBL® W12 GTi MkII 12" 4000W MAX CAR STEREO SUBWOOFER CAR WOOFER W12GTi NEW (050036119061) | eBay

even nicer sub

Image Dynamics IDQ12 V.3 D4 (IDQ12-V3D4) 12" Dual 4 ohm IDQ V.3 Subwoofer/Sub | eBay

WoofersEtc.com - PWE302 - MB Quart 12" Premium 1200 Watt Subwoofer

old school fosgate made these before they went chinease. built in america, amazing sounding sub but designed strictly for sealed

ORION XTR PRO12d4 The ORIGINAL XTRPRO Old School Woofer ADS US New Warranty!!! | eBay

this would be my choice old school yumminess built by tc sounds. ask anyone how amazing tc sounds subs sound and 4 this price, it cant be beat.

a lot of the major brands have gone Chinese and or have put to much money into advertising to the extra u pay is for their exspenses.

see the mb quart and orion are pree those companies cheaping out

Assuming your amp is 500 WRMS(I'm not familiar with Alpine, and Google didn't give me specs), I'd personally go with a TC Sounds Epic 12"... About $200 shipped right now at Parts Express. I've used almost every product they've put out and all of them seem to do very well. Plus the Epic is rated at 500 WRMS which(I think) is exactly what your amp claims.

The ICON's are nice too if you plan to upgrade your amp. I think you may find that you want to upgrade your amp later on anyway.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.