10w6v2 sealed box size. Is this too big?

Participant count
  • Participant list

-BC-

NJ
I emailed a guy who made a box for my friend (very nice work) and told him i may buy 2 10w6v2s and i want a sealed box for them. He recomended a 1 cubic foot per sub box and he would put a false front on it that extended the length of my trunk to make it all look flush etc.

The JL website recomends around a .69 cubic foot box....which is much less that what this guy recomended.

I will be powering them with an oldder RF Power 1000.1bd.

Is that too big? Room is not an issue for me but i just want to make sure i am getting a good box. This guy told me he has made them in teh past for this sub and always uses a 1 cubic foot box.

Thanks!

if they are supposed to be in boxes this small...maybe i should think about getting 12s instead...the 2 12 box would be the size of (or close to) a normal 2 10 box.

Some people tell me these subs belong in huge boxes....the jl site says small boxes....i dont know what rout to go. I went to a shop today and the guy told me that these subs need to be in very large enclosures...i told him that the JL site says the box spec is around .69 cubic feet and he said it should be much bigger than that...maybe he was just trying to sell me on another brand haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.