A321J

Pioneer SPH-Da120 in Toyota Prado 150

Good evening,

I'd like to upgrade my stereo in a 2011 Toyota Land cruiser Prado 150.

I have a factory audio system with the amplifier under the passenger seat.

The only requirements are 2xUSB, Apple carplay and the ability to connect a reversing camera.

The Pioneer SPH-Da120 looks as though it would be suitable.

Could anyone tell me if this will connect easily to the factory speakers on my Prado. I would like all the speakers to work and be connected correctly, but I'm not at all familiar with these things.

So if anyone has done this on their Prado or has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

1 hour ago, A321J said:

Good evening,

I'd like to upgrade my stereo in a 2011 Toyota Land cruiser Prado 150.

I have a factory audio system with the amplifier under the passenger seat.

The only requirements are 2xUSB, Apple carplay and the ability to connect a reversing camera.

The Pioneer SPH-Da120 looks as though it would be suitable.

Could anyone tell me if this will connect easily to the factory speakers on my Prado. I would like all the speakers to work and be connected correctly, but I'm not at all familiar with these things.

So if anyone has done this on their Prado or has any advice it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

what the heck is a prado?

I’m in Qatar.

land cruiser LC150, or looked like it’s sold as the Lexus GX in the US.

C96B3226-3444-45F1-9055-EC189698B184.png

looks like it fits a standard double din, so that part should be fine, but interfacing with that stock amp might be an issue. may have to wire around it

Edited by youdoofus

Ok, wire round as in?? Disconnecting the current amp?

ill try and find out about the mark levinson option. I don’t think so though.

1 hour ago, A321J said:

Ok, wire round as in?? Disconnecting the current amp?

ill try and find out about the mark levinson option. I don’t think so though.

you might need to do that. not sure tho as your vehicle might have some region specific stuff in it that isnt familiar to us as most of us are in the states. are you planning on upgrading the speakers too or just the deck? planning on any amps at all? there are some youtube videos that show people installing an aftermarket radio in the equivalent lexus vehicle, but that amp might me a thorn in the side. @Jeffdachef can you shed any light on this?

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Nick Miles
      Hey guys I'm fairly new to car audio but I need to find the source of my system having really high pitchy ness when the high notes are hit on just about any song at decently high volume. I talked with a friend of mine he said first adjust the EQ to lower the right part of the line graph down which is whta I believe the treble. I did this by lowering them from high 9/9 all the way down to zero at the very rightmost part of it. Then he told me to lower the gain. So I have a few questions with this.
      Which gain is he talking about? Because I've narrated through and I found the DTE gain and I also found the gain for front left front right rear right and rear left as well as the sub in the crossover and also the tweeter. I don't wanna mess with this too much until I know what I'm doing for sure because I don't wanna blow my speakers out since they are already clipping pretty bad. I had adjusted all the gains to -3db from zero I hope I didn't do something wrong.
      I'm using a Kenwood KDC-X303 cd receiver. Let me know thanks again for reading.
    • By DoubleKill
      Hello guys, recently I bought an amplifier over ebay.
      The model is: Pioneer - GM 3000 the version with 8DIN connectors at the back, however seller didn't mention that.
      So I spoke to an electrical mechanic who added chinches to this connectors and tried the amplifer locally at the workplace and it's working.
      Whenever I tried to connect it to my car, it does start for a couple of seconds, but the noise is really strange like I have a broken speaker and then it turns off.
      He told me maybe bad ground or something, but I tried on a different car with differents cables and it remain the same issue.

I thought to myself if the cables aren't strong enough maybe they don't provide the necessary power to supply this monster
      the cables I ordered are these:
      Cables I ordered

I connected everything as it supposed to be, but it doesn't work at all.
      It starts for a couple of seconds then it turns off, maybe goes in protect mode but I don't understand this very much.
      Any advice appreciated also if you have service manual for this model: Pioneer GM-3000 I will be very happy.

• By ecojet
      Hey guys, I'm in need of some help in the form of picking the right amplifier for my sub. It's pioneer TS-A300B with around 500WRMS @ 2 ohms, I'm looking to run it at about 300-350wrms, I'm thinking a monoblock amp because it's less stuffing around, I need an amp wthat has a LP Filter however . What would you guys suggest?, any and all help is greatly appreciated 
      cheers
    • By lukeclement
      Hey all, I recently had a very well respected car audio place in town here install the Pioneer 4400nex in my 2003 trailblazer ltz with the bose sound system. 
      Now, they say they're going to take care of fixing it, but I would like to try and figure out what's going on incase they try to sell me something I do not need. 
      So, when I am sitting, engine off, key turned on, the stereo works great, sound comes through, head unit on. If I start driving, it will play for a few seconds to a few minutes, and the head unit stays on, the song continues playing, but I can hear nothing. It happens on radio, aux, carplay... All sound sources. Now, when I stop, turn off the engine, but the ignition stays on, the sound kicks back on immediately. There is a squealing noise while the stereo turns on, not a huge deal, kind of annoying but not a deal breaker. Any clues? 
      The shop said it could be a few things, but obviously wouldn't guarantee which was the source of the problem, as they haven't looked at it in detail yet. They said it could be the GM class II data bus, head unit, or "more likely your amplifier." I think they might just be trying to sell me an amp, and know what the problem is. 

I would appreciate any and all input as to what could be causing this, so I can hopefully tell if they're scamming me or if they actually found a problem with my amp.
      Thanks
      Luke