Recently Browsing 0 members
Hi, this is my first post! Any help would be much appreciated.
Now I am looking at getting 2 subwoofers and these are Pioneer TS-W311D4 (12" Champion Series DVC 4 ohm). These subs perform at 800 watt rms combined (400 watt rms each) and I'm going to wire the DVC in parallel and in parallel with the amplifier to make a total 1 ohm load. Now I have 2 amplifiers in mind and these are the Pioneer GM-D9601 or the Pioneer GM-D8601 and these of course are 1 ohm stable. So the GM-D9601 performs 1200 watt rms at 1 ohm and the GM-D8601 performs at 800 watt rms at 1 ohm (which would be a perfect match).
So my question is, is it a good idea to buy the GM-D9601 and have more "headroom" or just match the rms ratings and get the GM-D8601? And would I be right in thinking that the GM-D9601 will run cooler as it won't be as stressed as the GM-D8601? Thank you :)
SPEAKER: MB Quart QS216 (1-pair) AMP: ? CAPACITOR: ? Looking for amp to match MB Quart speakers rated at 80/170w. Power rating is 4 ohms. I only prefer to shop at sonicelectronix. I found a couple 2channel-ClassAB amps that have an rms ranging from 100-150w. Are there any benefits in going above RMS but still way below the max wattage output? I want to emphasize keeping the gain below 50% as I had a terrible experience a couple years ago and i'm back at it finally!
Then, once I have my amp I want to be able to support it with a capacitor. So let's just assume my amp is 1000w should I double the farad from 1 to 2 at this point or triple it?
The following are amps based on an arbitrary factor where I subtracted the max wattage and rms then side viewing it with price. I don't wanna be robbed or regretting a purchase for a higher priced one (sorted by descending order by price):
Rockford Fosgate Punch P500X2 Price: $270 Watt Rms: 150w Watt Max: 500w EARTHQUAKE SOUND PH800W/2 (My initial choice, any reason not to get this?) Price: $140 Watt Rms: 125w Watt Max: 800w Soundstream ST2.1000D Price: $110 Watt Rms: 140w Watt Max: 1000w Pioneer GM-A5702 Price: $115 Watt Rms: 150w Watt Max: 1000w Precision Power PPI ICE800.2 (This looks too good to be true) Price: $80 Watt Rms: 130w Watt Max: 800w Hifonics ZXX-500.2 Price: $80 Watt Rms: 125w Watt Max: 500w Planet Audio AC600.2 (Ok,....what's the catch?) Price: $60 Watt Rms: 150w Watt Max: 600w
My list of gear as follows
1x Boss mono block amp 2500w (old setup)
-twin pioneer champs Dvc 1200w 12"
1x pioneer 4ch amp 1000w (60rms x4ch)
- 2x pioneer 6.5 260w (60w rms)component
- 2x pioneer 260w 6" (60w rms) coaxial
Head deck : pioneer fxh755 bt (2 RCA out)
Just wanted to know the best way to get the audio to the amps,
1 RCA per amp?
I've never delt with 4ch is just having 1 RCA going to give me full control or full quality on my 4ch. If I got 2 RCA splitters would that achieve anything useful?
Is high level worth using do I lose any quality compared to RCA? So out RCA into mono amp amd high level into 4ch amp?
What's the best way about doing this. Is there any recommendations? I'm not wanting to spend too much money on this ?
Hello, I recently bought a Pioneer AVH-W4400NEX from BestBuy and using it from a month in my 2014 Ford Mustang.
The radio was decent, but I am having problems with:
1. Android Auto - When I connected by phone (BB Keyone), I always get a message: "To use Android Auto please stop the car and check your phone". I reset my phone completely and tried but no use. Do any one know what will be the problem for this? I am using OEM USB cable.
2. I have disconnected the Head Unit GPS cable to have the video play in motion. But, when I connect my iPhone for Navigation, it looks the CarPlay is taking the GPS signal from HeadUnit rather from the iPhone. Is it true that Android Auto and CarPlay uses HeadUnit GPS for navigation? If so, is they anyway to change it?
3. I see a weird message on the HU screen: "No paired phones connected" after couple minutes of start up, even though there is a phone connected via Bluetooth and music is already playing.
4. I noticed, randomly, when I tried to increase the volume from my steering wheel control some times it is moving to next music track. But this is random.
5. The BestBuy technician who fixed this radio in my car told, the radio may give blue screen errors if tried to connect with AUX cable. Due to this, he didn't provisioned the AUX port. Is this true?
Any help with above is appreciated.