Pioneer sph-10bt rca outlets no sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

Joeyd

CarAudio.com Newbie
Mass
I am on my second unit, I could not get sound coming when using rca Jack's, on stereo, these are new rca cables tested on previous stereo, by some luck it worked, but when I went to use it again it stopped, I bought another head unit, and I can't get sound from the radios rca output. Only if I wire it directly.. I have it set for full/full, I tried other combinations still nothing, I don't want it hard wired, especially that it will be a huge undertaking to change wires.
This is a pioneer sph-10bt.
Thanks

I am on my second unit, I could not get sound coming when using rca Jack's, on stereo, these are new rca cables tested on previous stereo, by some luck it worked, but when I went to use it again it stopped, I bought another head unit, and I can't get sound from the radios rca output. Only if I wire it directly.. I have it set for full/full, I tried other combinations still nothing, I don't want it hard wired, especially that it will be a huge undertaking to change wires.
This is a pioneer sph-10bt.
Thanks
What do you mean "hard wired?" All rca's are wired directly from the head unit to the amp or Xover.

There are rca outputs and there are wires as well, so you can use those wires to run speakers, or use the rca outputs..

RCA's are for sending the sound to an amplifier then from the amplifier input speaker wires directly from the speakers. If you had bought a wiring harness for it, you would have connected the aftermarket wiring harness to the pioneeer head unit if you are just using stock speakers.

Here is the back of it, so I have 2 6×9 speakers and an amplified sub.. I did have the rca Jack's connected to the speakers and it was working, when I shut the system off and went to use a few days later I got nothing.. was that just out of pot luck? Or I do need to use the wires from the radio instead of using jacks?
20230430_212258.jpg

Use the RCA's to send input to the amplified sub. Then use the speaker wiring on the head unit wiring harness and connect it to the aftermarket wiring harness usually matching color for color. Your 6x9's should then get sound. Otherwise you will need to run speaker wires from the head unit to each individual 6x9 but they will only be running on head unit power.

I am going to try that, the only problem is I unplugged the rca to the 6×9s and just used the rca for the amplified sub, and set the stereo to full and sub, but barley got sound out of amplified sub, going to give it another quick try now.

I tried it, no go... I have no idea how I had them working before... the amplified sub barley has sound.
20230430_215853.jpg

I tried it, no go... I have no idea how I had them working before... the amplified sub barley has sound.View attachment 48659can I use the rca connectors on amplified sub an
20230430_224651.jpg
d just wire the other end into the wires on the radio instead of rca outputs? Or would I need to wire it as shown in the picture bottom left using the high level imput?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...