i have $1000 just for subs

K1ngJazz

i am willing to spend 1K on just 2 subwoofers i want 12" or 15" but I'm looking more into SPL then SQ but i don't want it to sound like **** i have 98 honda civic lx and currently have Dual 12s in the illuminated box with a 600 watt rms amp i don't mind spending more money on a custom box and a new amp but i have a budget of 1K just for the 2 subs

You're not going to fit a pair of 15s in a 90s Civic unless you wall off the backseats. Those things are tiny and the trunk opening isn't the best either so you'll be limited to 2 12s or a single 15. You could probably wall off the trunk 2 12s or a single 15. An 18 would probably be too big iirc.

edit: regardless of what you choose you will need to seriously upgrade the electrical system if you want to run over 1kw rms. That car has about a 70 or 80amp alternator which is incredibly weak.

i don't want a single sub iv heard single 15s and single 12s some single 15s pound with the right box but i always like 2 subs over one even if barely makes a difference for a few extra 100s I'm willing to go a little over 1000 but not much

i am willing to spend 1K on just 2 subwoofers i want 12" or 15" but I'm looking more into SPL then SQ but i don't want it to sound like **** i have 98 honda civic lx and currently have Dual 12s in the illuminated box with a 600 watt rms amp i don't mind spending more money on a custom box and a new amp but i have a budget of 1K just for the 2 subs
Dual 12's as in "Dual" brand?

i don't want a single sub iv heard single 15s and single 12s some single 15s pound with the right box but i always like 2 subs over one even if barely makes a difference for a few extra 100s I'm willing to go a little over 1000 but not much
Number of subs doesn't make a difference. It's all in the box.

Dual 12's as in "Dual" brand?
Probably these bad boys:

bp1204-2.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rotflol.gif.b453361716769b8110ddefc85ff03cd2.gif:rotflol:

Oh man... wait till you hear the real deal... those are garbage ... sorry

A G?... on subs alone... you'll get loud if you got another $1200 minimum to spend... and thats just the beginning... lol

Op... jk... or am I?

Sundown x15 on that 2k Watts, and proper electrical upgrades, and most importantly, a properly built and tuned custom built enclosure, will amaze the schit out of you dude. And use the rest of that grand for those upgrades and box build.

Two subs of your choice built by Fi

I sure hope you plan on upgrading power beyond 600w if you're going to put 1k into subs alone

hello and welcome to let us help spend your $... u saying $1k for subs but like they said u gotta figure 4 for box too if u do ported it'll be pretty big for 2 anything.. i think u could do 1 15 firing up port forward or back guy here did 150 with 1 15 in box like that he's "world champ" in his watt class (has a belt and everything lol) and that was in a civic.. but he had ho alt lots of big wire and batts with 4k amp.. so if u going up to 2k amp u gotta remember wire upgrades etc will also cost $.. the fi subs are good i like the new alphas u can customize them for more power handling get 2-12's of those $400 and have $ for box (if u can fit 2 ported)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.