Best 350-400 RMS 12'S ?

Participant count
  • Participant list

AdamC

Indiana
Heya guys , I've been playing with all types of configurations lately and am currently running 3 SKAR IX 10's in a sealed enclosure giving them roughly 550 watts in my work car and it does ok . It's a fairly decent mix of SPL and SQ however , for this particular car I want more " boom " and cabin gain so I have a dual 12 aero ported box sitting here collecting dust and figured eh why not try it for the hell of it .

The box specs are are approximately 36 wide x 14 tall x 15 depth , 3 inch diameter aero ports double stacked between the subs and port length without taking them out look at be about 12 inch each and if I remember it's tuned at 35 hz .

I've looked at skar ivx , ct sounds tropo , american bass xo , deaf bonce machete , orion cobalts just to name a few and I have only heard a couple of these in person so I'm having a hard time deciding honestly . The reason I am looking for subs in this RMS range is the only extra amp I have laying around is a rp800.1d and I refuse to pull all my high watt stuff out and put it in a work car lol . I've spent thousands on my actual car but I'm not putting all that into my work car and the only reason why I am even doing this is I drive 100 miles back and forth from work every day and want some more spl . So basically in YOUR opinions or suggestions help me out here would ya .

Yes I got it cheap and it's all I have laying around at the moment
the 800 is fine maybe better to power 1 decent 12 instead of 2 lower ones but if u wanta use the box u have look at links i listed on last post

the 800 is fine maybe better to power 1 decent 12 instead of 2 lower ones but if u wanta use the box u have look at links i listed on last post
I've thought about that route , as well as even going with a single decent or even better than average 15 on that amp . I just don't have a good quality 15 box laying around and I'm not expert by any means but I'd be willing to bet a decent dual 12 or even a good 15 in the right box will perform much better than what is in the car at the moment . Now you have me thinking of doing a 15 lol .

I've thought about that route , as well as even going with a single decent or even better than average 15 on that amp . I just don't have a good quality 15 box laying around and I'm not expert by any means but I'd be willing to bet a decent dual 12 or even a good 15 in the right box will perform much better than what is in the car at the moment . Now you have me thinking of doing a 15 lol .
a good 12 will work with that power just a good ported box cost $ if u can't make one.. so keep that in mind, u can get 2 12's like i showed u under $200 stick in that box but idk how well it's tuned, looks like u have maybe 1.5cf per sub but u could try 2 12's in that box if it's tuned to high or whatever get better on later..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.