i have $1000 just for subs

Yeah, your amp budget will be more than likely pretty close to your sub budget.
Plus whatever your electrical is. That should be done first before anything tbh.
H*ll... a couple of SA-12'S would be a HUGE step up from those "DUAL" 12's on 1500-2000 watts and youd probably keep your budget in check... but if your spending there are lots of folks here to help ya get loud... be careful ($1000 on subs).. electrical and amps are expensive too and then the highs, hu, 2nd amp and wiring along with deadening... it can get expensive quick

Good luck!

Plus whatever your electrical is. That should be done first before anything tbh.
A lot of people do the opposite. Electrical 1st then start adding audio.

A few high powered 12's or single 15 on a single monoblock amp then another amp (4 ch) for highs/mids would do it.

Dual is crap. You bought it because it was cheap...and they're winning over other brands because of that reason. Cheap. Same with Boss.

also i know all of the electrical gonna cost a lot was planning on getting a new alternator anyways and a separate xs battery but the wires and everything i don't really have a budget for including the cost of the amp and the custom box that i want ported of course thats why i have a set budget for the subs also not to worried about highs and mids my fan was willing to give me a pair of diamond audio door speakers and some tweeters i don't know the brand of the tweeters but i think they are the same

Is the $1,000 budget the total budget, or just for the subs with more money to spend elsewhere?

What is the rest of the system? So far it sounds like you need probably to get a new amp, and box too. Curious if you have the rest of the electrical ready to handle it.

Just read that most recent post again. Honestly you could spend $1,000 on a new alternator, battery, wiring, and other things (like distribution blocks, fuse/breakers), and get to $1,000 before you ever even start spending money on amps or speakers.

Do you have an idea of how far you want to go with your system? How much total/how much more do you plan on spending on it?

1/0 wiring...OFC, and a good brand. You could easily spend a few hundred bucks in wiring alone.
I did pretty good with my OFC 1/0 wire that I found on amazon, I got 50ft for less 120, I can't recall the brand but it is very flexible and true 1/0 g. Even came with a few lug connections and shrink wrap.

I did pretty good with my OFC 1/0 wire that I found on amazon, I got 50ft for less 120, I can't recall the brand but it is very flexible and true 1/0 g. Even came with a few lug connections and shrink wrap.
Which reminds me...gotta order some 1/0 weld wire and get another battery, along with battery terminals. Time to increase my voltage.

Which reminds me...gotta order some 1/0 weld wire and get another battery, along with battery terminals. Time to increase my voltage.
Yep, welding wire is the proverbial schit dude. I was amazed at how pliable it was, and pure ofc to boot.

Yep, welding wire is the proverbial schit dude. I was amazed at how pliable it was, and pure ofc to boot.
Not as flexable as reg OFC power wire, but enough to have it do what you need it to do.

Yard sale has a zv5 15 for 420$ 450$? Can’t remember. But anyways that leaves you 500$ to buy my ia 20.1 to feed it. Joking. But for real if you can’t get loud on a zv5 15 in a civic there’s something wrong. That leaves you 500$ for a amp. Used my friend is the route I’d go but only through places like here. DO NOT buy a amp off Craigslist without doing homework. I’m not being mean but right now your trying to go from playing t ball to trying to play for MLB. Just from reading this thread though your going to be in for a learning experaince for sure if you think dual is a ok brand. Have you even heard a real monster single sub set up? that zv5 would be a good start....but with yard sale do know that it could be anything from scratches to needing a recone. And there is no refund or garuntee.

i don't want a single sub iv heard single 15s and single 12s some single 15s pound with the right box but i always like 2 subs over one even if barely makes a difference for a few extra 100s I'm willing to go a little over 1000 but not much
Yeah, you haven't heard loud before if you wrote that.

What subs to buy should be your LAST step here. Figure out how much space you have for everything and what your actual goals are. Get your electrical right for the power you plan to run, get an amp, then get sub(s) to fit around all that. If you don't "need" the extra sub(s) to handle your power (heat) you'll almost always do better with less woofers.

And electrical should be as much as the amp.

I get 00 gauge from weldingsupply.com (the orange stuff) for about 2.15$ a foot. It's great, been using their orange stuff for ages. Apart from flexibility and insulation copper is copper and that strand count and other marketing hype is all fluff.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.