i have $1000 just for subs

free is free lol i was thinking about selling them for some memphis 12s or mtx for right now until everything on my car is set up for the subs
no dude here's where the big boys shop. Get out of here with that weak p*ssy sh*t

SoundSolutionsAudio's Online car audio store | We Finance! 60 second credit decision! Best prices, products and customer service. Fast shipping to US & Canada.

https://www.droppinhzcaraudio.com/

You want results like this... not some pansy sh*t if you planning on dropping a G on subs alone.

you're just asking to waste money with the type of attitude youre going into this with

take a step back and seriously take the advice of those helping you. people who have full time jobs, and have worked with this equipment for years are taking time out of their day to help you. LISTEN

you're at a point where you'll throw money at 2 15s when someone with 1 12 will be significantly louder than you with less money invested.

people who are successful in life know when to listen to experts and let them advise you instead of attempting to handle it themselves

free is free lol i was thinking about selling them for some memphis 12s or mtx for right now until everything on my car is set up for the subs
Everything that has been mentioned is better than anything Memphis makes and the only MTX I would get nowadays is the 9500 but you can get the same level of performance for cheaper.

I have two 12" Funky Pups that would blow everything else out of the water. Im willing to let them go for $400 each. Let me know.
That's a very good deal, I would take him up on that. You will need a new car after installing some pups //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/boink.gif.91933e72f927f2cefc79aff02573090c.gif

You could buy 2x 12" DC Audio XLM2's for that price point. But like these guys said, building a good box is key. These subs destroyed my old $200 prefab box and I had to get a new one built by Cody Johnson (DC Audio Rep at the time).

Did you spray paint your subs black? Also...never a good idea to put high power subs in a prefab.

@ Boomin_tahoe

Nah. The subs came with black dust caps. The dustcap of one of the subs I owned popped out twice during the 4-5 years I've owned them and I just reapplied Amazing Goop to put it back on. I had the guy who built my box paint the vent area and front and I was going to either paint the rest of the box or carpet it but I never got around to doing it. I originally had the subs facing the cabin and only needed the front to look nice but recently re-positioned it towards the rear for better SPL.

dc_audio_xlm2_cabin_2.jpg

dc_audio_xlm2_cabin.jpg

I figured this would look nicer too:

toolmaker-metalworkz-dual-0awg-input2.jpg

toolmaker-metalworkz-dual-0awg-input.jpg

Toolmaker dual 1/0 Inputs rocks. It actually helped out keeping the voltage nice and high

specs of my old prefab box (was my first system back in the day - 600 watts rms total for subs):

12_dual_vented.jpg

box1.JPG

image028-1.jpg

image020-1.jpg

Here's a picture of what the XLM2's look like next to my old Elemental Designs subwoofer:

DC-XLM2_eD-13OV_1.JPG

DC-XLM2_eD-13OV_3.JPG

Ah a fellow ED amp user. You still have those ED amps? I was fortunate to pick up one of these...

sfzZfvO.jpg

98SRjm9.jpg
And will be powering this...

@Boomin_tahoe

The only eD amp I still have is eD Nine.2 but I'm keeping it for sentimental value.

I've owned eD Nine.2x, eD NIne.1, and eD Nine.4 and eDi 6000's components.

I sold my eD NIne.1 for only 80$ cash and regret it. That thing produced well over 1200 watts rms at only around 12.5V or so which was awesome.

It's a darn shame what happened to Elemental Designs because they produced quality products. That's a nice surfboard eD Nine.5 :)

Buddy of mine has the same exact DC sub in his garage....heavy sonofabitch!

This is the 3rd 5 ch amp I've owned....and a 1st for the biggest amp I've owned. Over 27" in length. Someone here dyno'd it for me......https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63_KlXzPKX8

Yes...it is pretty sad a great company got ran down to the ground then eventually disappeared.

Op what is your total budget for this?

Like said you can get up to $4-5k quick with $1000 sub budget

We can guide you to make good choices and not skimp on anything in the build but stay in budget

that 13Ov2 looks familiar... is that the one I sold? lol
nope. Every eD product I ever bought was brand new directly from Elemental Designs. The eD 13OV.2's were a beast for 600 watt rms subs at the time

If you want SPL and you have about a grand for sub and box only, CAB or Sundown audio are pretty solid. I have a single 12 inch CAB with the CAB 1600.1 and it hits HARD. IMO, you will not find a Harding hitting sub and amp combo for the cost.

Otherwise, a Sundown sub will also get you close to that price. The Z4 I believe is the one a few have mentioned here. It’s salty, but it hits really hard. Just remember, SPL subs are really power hungry. Make sure you can afford a durable and high watt amp.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.