Which is better?

yeah u can do better than either.. what is sub budget? u just want 1 sub? u want ported or sealed? if sealed check out dayton subs on parts express.com.. if u can fit a 12 with plenty of airspace never get a 10..

I really don't understand people replying with jackass replies and waste peoples time...

Anyways, I also have a Eclipse SW8122DVC I recently got in a trade and was so excited to get it hooked up and when I did, nothing... I compressed the Cone, heard no scratching or anything then I removed the magnet and pow! The aluminum former/cylinder thing was cracked or ripped around about 80%. Can I get it fixed? I really want to use it.

I really don't understand people replying with jackass replies and waste peoples time...
Anyways, I also have a Eclipse SW8122DVC I recently got in a trade and was so excited to get it hooked up and when I did, nothing... I compressed the Cone, heard no scratching or anything then I removed the magnet and pow! The aluminum former/cylinder thing was cracked or ripped around about 80%. Can I get it fixed? I really want to use it.
Because "better" is irrelevant to the question. Too many variables play in part of enclosure type, ported, sealed, how many watts your gonna send it, what vehicle, sub enclosure placement in vehicle, etc. You failed to mention in ported or sealed application along with items I mentioned.

I don't understand why can't people provide more info besides asking which will hit louder? And expect us to know w/o more details.

Because "better" is irrelevant to the question. Too many variables play in part of enclosure type, ported, sealed, how many watts your gonna send it, what vehicle, sub enclosure placement in vehicle, etc. You failed to mention in ported or sealed application along with items I mentioned.
I don't understand why can't people provide more info besides asking which will hit louder? And expect us to know w/o more details.
So your telling me that you need to know all those details to know which is better? Which is better, a jl w7 or a dual Walmart sub? You can't have a simple answer whether which one you think is better? I didn't ask what hits harder or louder. Wow your a douche. Seems like everyone else understands except you

So your telling me that you need to know all those details to know which is better? Which is better, a jl w7 or a dual Walmart sub? You can't have a simple answer whether which one you think is better? I didn't ask what hits harder or louder. Wow your a douche. Seems like everyone else understands except you
lol how am I a douche? I think more than the rest of these guys. Because if I didn't ask, someone else will.

I would personally go with the eclipse. In the proper box it will probably get lower and louder than the kappa and sound good doing it. Of course if the power is going to be the same for either sub the kappa would be the better option in a correct box. The TI eclipse will be able to take much more power. Both will sound good but it's going to depend heavily on install.

because a cheap walmart sub in a superior designed custom enclosure designed for your vehicle acoustics will completely smash a w7 in a garbage install in some prefab. Sub brand is no where near as important as how you will use the sub along with your own personal goals for the setup. Ignoring those facts will get you nowhere in your car audio quest.

The Eclipse has more power handling, motor force and more xmax. There are other important factors but those are the stand outs.

Better is a bit subjective, what are your goals?

It's an apples to oranges comparison which is why all the previous answers are assanine.

edit: just saw the part where the Eclipse has a broken voice coil, hit up fixmyspeaker.com for a quote to get it repaired, it's worth rebuilding if the motor (magnet) isn't cracked or shifted on the bottom plate. People will pay for the motor by itself if you don't want to rebuild it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.