What is the best amp under 100$

Alexnvy

I just recently got a Dodge Stealth and need some kick to the sound system, i don't have much money so what is your recommendation for the amp for under 100$. Also want to know if you have any tips for wiring over the stock amp.

Also what are some nice subs to fit in my 10" trunk (yeah its non existent)

thank you for helping.

Definitely can't do better than above for a system that cheap. Keep in mind though that you will still need an amp kit

No no and no. Avoid prefab ported enclosures. Avoid pyramid. And DEFINITELY avoid boss. If you're looking for good budget subwoofers, check out this link

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/audio-technix/576119-audio-technix-blowout-sale.html - I'd go for a D2 Strato sub and a 4ga amp kit from there

For an amp, you could get the AudioTechnix 400.1 from the above link, or get something used. You could then buy a custom enclosure from a builder on the forum. The only prefab box I would buy would be a sealed one.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:08 PM ----------

and do i look at peek power or rms power for the speaker
RMS. Peak is COMPLETELY useless and used for marketing purposes.

I have a jensen power1050 mono amp i csn ship you for $50. Can include the wireing for it too. if u are useing your stock deck, i have a MX-4 that i can include for an extra $20. You just splice it into the speaker wire and it allows you to run your amp off it. Check my fs threads. $70 shipped for both and amp wireing

No, no, and more no. Don't even touch Boss or Pyle, or Pyramid with a 10 foot long stick. COMPLETE waste of money. They lack both in the quality of parts and the quality of sound they produce and they will NOT produce anywhere near rated. You look for the RMS, completely ignore Peak. Whatever you do, just don't get any of the fore mentioned gear.. I'm not trying to push that deal offered earlier but in honesty for the budget it's the best you'll get more than likely. $100 + approx $35 shipping. Amp kit for $35 so you're at $170 and a custom box for a 10" is around $100 shipped so you cruise in at $270. Can't do much better then that for the budget. Please ask us before you buy anything though, we'll gladly help guide you in the right direction

have a kenwood 8105d amp does 500.1 @ 2 ohms and a pair of 10" kicker comp subs s4 rated 300w rms total.... would do 100 + shipping on the combo.
^^^ good deal right there. Really can't get much better then that for the price.

amazon and ebay have the same things on ebay but cheaper and theres no tax and sometimes no shipping charges either. Lowest Prices on Sports & Outdoor | Home & Garden | Electronics is another cheapo place. Seriously though, dont ever look at trash brands that'll explode the next day. Boss, performance teknique, pyramid, etc.. I'm sure there's a car audio trash post on this website if you search for it. Most of all, after you get everything set up. DONT FRIGGEN MAX OUT THE GAIN OR BASS BOOST. Your post about wanting to buy boss is a big foreshadowing of you blowing up your audio equipment in the future.

well im looking for

ease of purchase

waranty

and the most bang for my buck (haha get it bang)

im a metal head so i dont need really good quality

i have 2 out of 6 speakers blown out in may car and when i turn it up i don't even notice.

i know primitive but hey i can even listen to Blink 182 if volume is high enough, well me too :p

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.