$700 for deadening

Participant count
  • Participant list

ebrunn
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Tejas
I have a 99 VW New Beetle and would like to silence the hell out of the thing. Engine noise is a big issue. All comes from the general area of the transmission/firewall. Very loud when driving about 70 on the highway. Also have a stereo of course and would like to deaden and treat for that as well.

Already have a layer of second skin in the trunk area. Truck lid and trim panel are deadened as well.

Guess I would like to spend about $700 on deadening. How far could I go with that? Would like to do doors pretty hardcore(just got these new ID OEM mids). Prolly the floor pretty hardcore as well to cut the noise.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.