Remote bass/gain control...

JUHL
10+ year member

+ I'm Bout Money +
?
hey i know most people dont recommend these, but i have one with my amp and i want to install it just to have it.

anyways its a rockford t5001bd, i ran the wire for the remote bass knob today and when i connected it, there was no power to it..? any ideas why? thanks in advance....

ok, ill check it, it should just be one cable right? looks like an ethernet cable on the ends?

Gotcha. I just use mine when i see cops or when girls are in the car. Basically a bass volume control. From the posts i thought it degraded the sound or something. I do use an eq and set the gain. But when police are around that knob works perfectly....

They just boost a broad range, maybe 40-100Hz. You're better off using an EQ and your gain to get what you want. It'll be more clean.
You are talking about a remote bass boost, the title says its a remote gain control.
Remote gain controls simply attenuate from your gain setting down. IOW, when the remote gain control is set to maximum, that is running your amplifier at full output, given whatever gain position you have chosen. Setting the remote gain controller any lower is like simply turning your gain down from that point. So someone with a grossly overpowering sub stage (most of us) can attenuate the subs down to a pleasing level for daily listening, and then crank it for full potential output, or just turn it up or down for different music styles, with no possibility of clipping... assuming you set your gains correctly to begin with.

The fosgate power series amps do not come with nor are there any "gain" controls available to my knowledge. the box that comes with these amps have 2 nobs which one controls the "bass boost" and the other controls/switches the crossover frequency of the sub IF the filter is set on at the amp. i have had several of the power series amps..newer and older, and none had a "gain control" remote box. people think it's or call it a gain control simply because it can increase the sound by +12db or whatever at the turn of said nob.

You are talking about a remote bass boost, the title says its a remote gain control.
while I didn't specify I was talking about a bass knob, the OP did say bass/gain knob. If the knob truly is a gain knob, then it's fine. But most are bass knobs.

while I didn't specify I was talking about a bass knob, the OP did say bass/gain knob. If the knob truly is a gain knob, then it's fine. But most are bass knobs.
EXACTLY................//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

The fosgate power series amps do not come with nor are there any "gain" controls available to my knowledge. the box that comes with these amps have 2 nobs which one controls the "bass boost" and the other controls/switches the crossover frequency of the sub IF the filter is set on at the amp. i have had several of the power series amps..newer and older, and none had a "gain control" remote box. people think it's or call it a gain control simply because it can increase the sound by +12db or whatever at the turn of said nob.
my mb quarts, which are rockford make have gain knobs

If you weren't talking about a bass knob, what were you talking about? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif
While this amp does have a bass boost (I looked heh), more and more amps these days are have remote gain knobs instead. The OP's wording clearly indicated a gain controller, not bass boost. *shrug*

well if anyone cars, i went out and cleaned it with alcohol, nothing happened... so i just used an internet ethernet cable... lol and it works fine now haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.