Would you run CAB 1600.1?

Yeah a cheapo temp or maybe a year or so amp till I can find/afford to get my other amps fixed.

What kind of efficiency difference would I expect between an inefficient brand and an efficient brand?

If I had to decide between CAB or Skar... I'd go with the CAB and I'm a Skar "nuthugger"... LOL!
Between the 2 didn't the skar do better? I almost like hell with both of them. I just remembered that amps handle rise differently lol. I would love to get my hands on a d m1 or m2...yes

Cheap generally isnt efficient
If its temporary just get the cab or skar and dont be dumb (wiring low, clipping etc)
Efficiency is important because I have only stock alt that sits at 13.7V with radio off for some reason.

A HO alt is in my future and should probably be first, but so expensive for my car.

My MM4000.1D lasted 7 years in that environment though.

Efficiency is important because I have only stock alt that sits at 13.7V with radio off for some reason.A HO alt is in my future and should probably be first, but so expensive for my car.

My MM4000.1D lasted 7 years in that environment though.
I had the same problem in my bronco. Turns out it was my pulley. When you car is running look at the pulley. If it's moving then it's bad. Changed mine in 10 mins in front of autozone.

Yeah it's a waste to have a amp that has to used crazy amounts of power for a few watts. I don't want to have to go crazy on a car that's only 2 weeks old

I had the same problem in my bronco. Turns out it was my pulley. When you car is running look at the pulley. If it's moving then it's bad. Changed mine in 10 mins in front of autozone.
Alt pulley was bad?

I just figured some cars run a lower V to be more efficient. I have a 2006 Scion XB just a 1.5L engine so they use small AC compressor and larger condenser to be more efficient. I can see cheaping out on the alt V for more efficiency being possible too.

Alt pulley was bad?I just figured some cars run a lower V to be more efficient. I have a 2006 Scion XB just a 1.5L engine so they use small AC compressor and larger condenser to be more efficient. I can see cheaping out on the alt V for more efficiency being possible too.
How do/would you know an alt pulley goes bad? All it does is spin. All I can think of is if it was making noise or vibration.

How do/would you know an alt pulley goes bad? All it does is spin. All I can think of is if it was making noise or vibration.
I hear a squeal sometimes when the AC is on. When I hear that the V drops to batt voltage or close till the squeal stops (a few seconds)

New belts coming soon. I can check pulleys then.

My pulley was spring loaded. When my bass hit it started jumping like crazy. At first I thought it was a bad alt. I took it to a guy who rebuilds alts in Hayward and he told me it was my pulley. I'm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.