Would you run CAB 1600.1?

That's an interesting sub/amp combo you got going on there. Nice.
I'm in the process of gathering components for my 98 s10 ext cab as well. So far it will be an Alpine 9833, Massive Audio NX3 3 ch amp, Polk Audio speakers and a single DC Audio m38 sub.

Just looking for ideas on how to install the sub/enclosure and the amp.
Thanks. it's pretty loud . I sold it recently for something with more room.got an 01 expedition to play with.

005b9ae3915fca5d871e0781c77b5ca4.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

would you use this amp to push a sq hdc3 12? i was planning on buying this amp since im running an alpine mrp m650 which is bushing i beleive only 600rms im alsor running this on a power acoustik mofo124x 12" with a premade box which i know is crappy but would i feel a big difference from getting the cab and sq hdc3 12" with an actuall good box? or at least big difference if i kept the mofo for now with the prebuild box and just change the alpine amp to the cab so from 600 to whatever the cab can push? sorry for stealing the spotlight i just wanted to know if anything can answer that would be great.
my set up

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acoustik-MOFO-124X-12-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B004TAO71U

Alpine MRP-M650 Mono subwoofer amplifier 600 watts RMS x 1 at 2 ohms at Crutchfield.com

what i want

HDC3.112 Copper Coil Subwoofer

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier - Car Audio Bargain
Subs - SoundSolutionsAudio - ICON - SSA STORE

SSA Store - US Acoustics Mike amplifier

alittle more but a HUGE upgrade..

Are these the best bang for the buck amps?I will get my amp fixed eventually, but till then a $200 or under amp is in my sights.
They're legit. Dunno how much more we can tell people they're good for the money. Just treat them with respect, no mounting on sub enclosure and use good quality wiring to feed them, no CCA garbage.

For the same money I found a skar 2000. From the cab test they look like the might be close. I have to compare number. For me it's about efficiency. I don't want something that will be too much drag on my stock alt

For the same money I found a skar 2000. From the cab test they look like the might be close. I have to compare number. For me it's about efficiency. I don't want something that will be too much drag on my stock alt
I have heard that Skar amps (no personal experience) arent always very reliable.

Maybe just people that dont like lesser brands just hating though.

I have heard that Skar amps (no personal experience) arent always very reliable. Maybe just people that dont like lesser brands just hating though.
Yeah. I heard people were going crazy over skar. Then what ever happen with a rip off or scam the thumbs went down. Both amps are about the same price. It's worth looking at. $229 is what I seen the skar go for. But then them prices for a 2k amp seems to place itself among hifonics and the rest of the lower to mid grade amps.

Been out the game for a while. I'm in the process of selling my bike so I can put the money in my truck. I wanted to get a dd amp but that didn't work so well. So I'm still looking at my options. I seen a vid that popped up on my YouTube about the cab 1600.1. To put it simple I beleive the company is trying to send a statement. With the numbers it can throw would you run this amp in your setup? I plan on one day getting this dd 9500 motor rebuild since I was given a nice price from dd from an 18...
For the guys who wouldn't run this amp. Why no?
i would cause i'd have no choice but to buy the $199 amp if i had a big sub but if u have more $ i'd spend it in this case..

keep in mind that itll retain its value if you dont beat on it and decide to upgrade later, you'll get a solid $120-$150 shipped for it even a year or two down the road.

keep in mind that itll retain its value if you dont beat on it and decide to upgrade later, you'll get a solid $120-$150 shipped for it even a year or two down the road.
That is something to keep in mind. I would love to spend $500 on an amp but I still have to bring the bronco back which I plan on running 5k to a 9518. At least that's the plan. For this car I just got the cab or the star fits the plans plus it s a daily driver so good chance it might get ripped off...

I've also bee looking at dad m1. Seems to make great power with very low current draw. If I find a good price on one that would be a good option for sure

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.