Would you run CAB 1600.1?

sharkman

poor bass head
Been out the game for a while. I'm in the process of selling my bike so I can put the money in my truck. I wanted to get a dd amp but that didn't work so well. So I'm still looking at my options. I seen a vid that popped up on my YouTube about the cab 1600.1. To put it simple I beleive the company is trying to send a statement. With the numbers it can throw would you run this amp in your setup? I plan on one day getting this dd 9500 motor rebuild since I was given a nice price from dd from an 18...

For the guys who wouldn't run this amp. Why no?

sure i would, i'd expect about 1.2kw after rise with a soft clip out of it on good electrical. it's a good deal for the price. just keep your expectations in check

sure i would, i'd expect about 1.2kw after rise with a soft clip out of it on good electrical. it's a good deal for the price. just keep your expectations in check
So the the numbers they tested was clipping? Didn't the test prove 2400 and the test stops at clipping right?

So the the numbers they tested was clipping? Didn't the test prove 2400 and the test stops at clipping right?
nah thats not what i said, if you watch the test, the uncertified is clipping. certified is clean. after rise you'll be around 2-3 ohms and with a soft clip you'll be able to sneak a little more power out of it.

they are fine. its a bare bones board and cheap parts that have been proven to work. excellent budget amps. you can even strap them to 1 ohm with a amp rack and a fan on um and setting the gains below clipping..

I have one that I might be selling right at cost. I got it about a month ago. Put it on my hcca 12d2. It is pushing it butt my woofer still hungry.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

So I think I am going to go with the crescendo 5500 and sell this one.

I have one that I might be selling right at cost. I got it about a month ago. Put it on my hcca 12d2. It is pushing it butt my woofer still hungry.

---------- Post added at 07:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:13 PM ----------

So I think I am going to go with the crescendo 5500 and sell this one.

Is that an ext cab s10 in your avatar?

Yes.

That's an interesting sub/amp combo you got going on there. Nice.

I'm in the process of gathering components for my 98 s10 ext cab as well. So far it will be an Alpine 9833, Massive Audio NX3 3 ch amp, Polk Audio speakers and a single DC Audio m38 sub.

Just looking for ideas on how to install the sub/enclosure and the amp.

would you use this amp to push a sq hdc3 12? i was planning on buying this amp since im running an alpine mrp m650 which is bushing i beleive only 600rms im alsor running this on a power acoustik mofo124x 12" with a premade box which i know is crappy but would i feel a big difference from getting the cab and sq hdc3 12" with an actuall good box? or at least big difference if i kept the mofo for now with the prebuild box and just change the alpine amp to the cab so from 600 to whatever the cab can push? sorry for stealing the spotlight i just wanted to know if anything can answer that would be great.

my set up

http://www.amazon.com/Power-Acoustik-MOFO-124X-12-Inch-Subwoofer/dp/B004TAO71U

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-Rc1uEWsTPzv/p_500MRPM650/Alpine-MRP-M650.html

what i want

http://www.soundqubed.com/HDC3112-Copper-Coil-Subwoofer_p_23.html

http://www.caraudiobargain.com/new-cab-1600-1-amplifier/

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.