Would you run CAB 1600.1?

The DD and Cab are in 2 totally different leauges. The dd can be ran at 0.25 and isnt bothered by 11v. But still, at 1ohm and 14v power will be similar.

Afaik, Car audio bargain is the only site that sells it because thats their amp, hence the CAB name

I'm sorry dd amps.
Ok thanks lol

I believe so. Haven't seen any other sites that sell them. I have however seen a few f/s on car audio forums. Very seldom tho...wouldn't hurt to look/check around. Might save ya a little $$ before buying a new one.
I was just hoping that Sonic electronics or whatever sold it so I could add a warranty

The DD and Cab are in 2 totally different leauges. The dd can be ran at 0.25 and isnt bothered by 11v. But still, at 1ohm and 14v power will be similar.
Afaik, Car audio bargain is the only site that sells it because thats their amp, hence the CAB name
Im under no illusion the the CAB amp is a monster and super reliable, but I really ned a temporary amp till I get all my amps repaired.

I bought a few used ones that came blown, and a few that I had for years and years that needed repair that a local guy (Antelope CA) repaired for a year that arent really repaired.

If anyone knows some reputable in the Sacramento Area that repairs please let me know.

I REALLY wish I knew how to repair amps. I have a half dozen in need between car home and pro audio amps

I would and do... great price but current hogs!.. I tried one day to go 1 ohm strapped like you see on YouTube... but mine got VERY LOUD then went into protect until I turned the volume down... I set up to test voltage at the amps just to see... tried again, and voltage went under 10V when they cut out... I'm at 4 ohm strapped now and content for now, but a battery bank is calling my name... in the near future I think I'll try 1 ohm again... only to burp it... and will add at least one large battery in the back... I've got 2 batteries up front. Just don't mount to the box... I killed one like that... Thankfully they warrantied it!

What about the Orion xtr 2500? Looks like they will burn you car down if you not ready to handle 400 amps. But the numbers are crazy for the price

Well, if you are willing to pay over 400$, that opens up alot of other options.

Id personally rather not do an amp that is 55% efficient

Well, if you are willing to pay over 400$, that opens up alot of other options.
Id personally rather not do an amp that is 55% efficient
Oh the one I found was the 2 ch for $339. Now efficiency is very important to me. How to you determine them numbers. If I can find a 3k amp that cost a lil more but pull the same amps as the cheaper 2k amp I will be in the right direction

Those orions are the last place you should be looking for efficiency. Worse than the skar or cab
But my question is how to you measure efficiency. I just watch big wiz do a vid on a D.C. Audio 2k amp and for 2234 watts he pulled 271 amps. Where as the xtr doubled But the amps was 480.

That 270 was burst, not certified.

Pulled 230a certified.

So 230a x 13.8 (ending voltage) = 3174

2074 (power actually made) ÷ 3174 = 65.3% efficiency

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.