Would you buy used speakers?

so do all you guys that say no throw your speakers out after 2 yrs? i have had a lot of speakers that last for more than 2 years. as long as they are in good shape, why not?

If they are in good condition, Why not buy used?

I have been using the same set or Kicker Impulse components 4.2I's in my celica since 96 and they sound just as clean as when I installed them. I have run them with a Punch 40, the front outputs of a ESX Q1204, Pair of channels from a A.D.S. PQ20, A soundstream USA 160, an am presently running them with 2 channels of a Fosgate Power 300. They have been over powered (by the specs) for at least 50% of their life. If the speakers sound good, I would buy them used without a problem //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

I would have to say original build quality has to be taken into consideration, aside from that it's hard to determine "how hard" someone has pushed their equiptment...so it's a chance you take for the most part. *I myself wouldn't buy used speakers, but would consider purchasing other components of an audio setup.

*Note- Hinging on the fact that I know you personally or live locally I may pull the trigger.

Depends on how big an upgrade those would be for you. Have you looked at your options for new in that price range? (the 150 i mean). I'm pretty sure you can find some new kickers, or new pheonix gold sets at that price, that may sound very good if installed well.

Edit: That reminds me, check the forums here too, I just picked up some nice rainbows for 150.

its circumstantial. if you trust the guy and its a good deal then yeah, but i dont buy used gear from strangers

i just picked up type X's from my very good friend, i dont think id buy em off a stranger or ebay

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

dollar

dollar
Simi Valley, CA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
bigmac16