Mb quart Qsc-216 vs. PCE-216

Stangs400
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Omaha,Ne
Yes, I know there is a price difference, my cost about 120 bucks different.

the Qsc on the higher side. But i have a new vette and sold off my old system. So im rebuilding a new one. My last set was CDT hd-62s. I loved the mid bass on those. I pushed them with about 150 watts a piece. Ill be pushing my new comps with 200 a piece.

Which will have more midbass? Q or P? which will get the loudest? Then do you think the price is worth the difference?

Then do you think the price is worth the difference?
For only $120, then yes. The midbass response will only be as good as your deadening/sealing job on your doors. The Premiums are decent, but I wouldn't classify them as killer. Both great speakers IMO that have a nice lively, edgy sound to them....they have a good snap in the right install too.

200 Watts to either of those speakers though, be careful! There not power hungry speakers!

I would take the Q's....awsome sound very pure, clean, rich, etc. I enjoyed them a ton. But like I said 200 watts to them, be extremley careful w/ that.

-Nick-

So what if I added the extra mid bass kit, then that would pull away some power all around right?

Someone said they were runnin 350 watts to theirs??

Someone said they were runnin 350 watts to theirs??
More personally....don't worry about too much power on those speakers...Echo apparently doesn't understand how amps really work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

200 Watts to either of those speakers though, be careful! There not power hungry speakers!
I would take the Q's....awsome sound very pure, clean, rich, etc. I enjoyed them a ton. But like I said 200 watts to them, be extremley careful w/ that.

-Nick-
Why, why and why???

More personally....don't worry about too much power on those speakers...Echo apparently doesn't understand how amps really work //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
Yeah of course not!

-Nick-

Thats what I was thinking. They should be able to handle a good clean 200 watts. Ill be mating them with their own family amp the Raa2400.

You guys think I should get the midabss kit for a little extra and turn them into a three way set?

I can get the QSDs in the 400 range. I would love to get them but its a tad out of my price range.

How are these gonna compare to my cdt hd62s?

The Q's are not inefficient speakers; a good 100 x 2 amp will be AMPLE to power them provided you know how to set gains appropriately.

If you're going to use the passives, go for the QSD. If you're going to power them actively (which I doubt from what you've said), then the QSC are a GREAT GREAT value.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.