With $600, what could I do to make this lil car bump?

NikoM
10+ year member

2000.hyundai.accent.5287-300x189.jpg

2001 Hyundai Accent 2 Door 5-Speed Manual Transmission (Hatchback Trunk)

My first car. I'm 16. Had to get what I could. Except mine is SILVER.

Now, I don't want to be setting off car alarms or some ****, but I would like to know what I could use $600 on for a BASIC system. One that'll give my friends a little bit of a back massage when they ride with me.

Now remember, this car is relatively SMALL. So I figure it won't take much to make it vibrate and hit a little bit.

I LITERALLY know nothing about headers/amps/subs/ohms, pretty much anything car audio related. So if I sound stupid or don't know what you're talking about, it's because I really am and I really don't know what you're talking about.

Also, I don't give a rats ass about my trunk space. Fill the ***** up if needed.

Thanks in advance.

I'd start by choosing a nice 2 channel amplifier. You'll need one in order to power a decent pair of components in the front doors. Any well rounded sound system is only as good as it's front stage.

Luckily, I happen to have just the thing for you, friend. It's a nice, clean looking JL Audio 300/2. It'll give you 150 watts rms x2 @ 1.5 - 4 ohms. That means you won't even have to concern yourself with boring stuff like voice coil configurations. I'd ship it to your front door for, let's say, $140.

And for the record, I do have references and pics. Just shoot me a pm if you'd like to take a look...

1 crunch gpv 15" $90

random 700-1000 watt amp used off the forum $120

build your own box $40

used head unit off the forum $100

pg rsd comps for the front $70

Used 50-100x2 amp for the highs $75

15' of knu 1/0 gauge $35

Should sound pretty good for $600

I'd start by choosing a nice 2 channel amplifier. You'll need one in order to power a decent pair of components in the front doors. Any well rounded sound system is only as good as it's front stage.
Luckily, I happen to have just the thing for you, friend. It's a nice, clean looking JL Audio 300/2. It'll give you 150 watts rms x2 @ 1.5 - 4 ohms. That means you won't even have to concern yourself with boring stuff like voice coil configurations. I'd ship it to your front door for, let's say, $140...
man you are sure spamming that thing........ I'm not a JL fan but I'm almost ready to buy it, seriously I might give me a day or two I do need some power to put to my 10" mid bass's:yumyum:

1 crunch gpv 15" $90random 700-1000 watt amp used off the forum $120

build your own box $40

used head unit off the forum $100

pg rsd comps for the front $70

Used 50-100x2 amp for the highs $75

15' of knu 1/0 gauge $35

Should sound pretty good for $600
also maybe a small deep cycle batt to keep the voltage in check. DO NOT BE A NOOB AND BUY A CAP THOUGH THEY ARE USELESS

man you are sure spamming that thing........ I'm not a JL fan but I'm almost ready to buy it, seriously I might give me a day or two I do need some power to put to my 10" mid bass's:yumyum:
It's a badass little amp, man. I'm trying to sell it because I have my eye on a second old school zed amp for my upcoming front stage...

16 with a 5 speed. I say learn to drive lol. PM where you are in ohio. I have extra equipment, wire, radios, etc. If you go with other stuff thats fine but Im willing to help if youre willing to watch and listen and help

Luckily, I happen to have just the thing for you, friend. It's a nice, clean looking JL Audio 300/2. It'll give you 150 watts rms x2 @ 1.5 - 4 ohms. That means you won't even have to concern yourself with boring stuff like voice coil configurations. I'd ship it to your front door for, let's say, $140.

And for the record, I do have references and pics. Just shoot me a pm if you'd like to take a look...
OP, this would actually be perfect for your situation. JL amp are very good too :]

16 with a 5 speed. I say learn to drive lol. PM where you are in ohio. I have extra equipment, wire, radios, etc. If you go with other stuff thats fine but Im willing to help if youre willing to watch and listen and help
If I where in your shoes OP I would take his help you can ruin good things real fast if you don't know what your doing if you want to go at it alone I suggest you do a butt load of reading before you start know exactly what each part of a system is what it's for and exactly how it works., it helps alot to know how a component adds to a system for a certain purpose.

Learn how to drive good first.
Haha, you are a wise man. Listen to this guy!

If you still decide on getting a sound system, start off with that JL amp from Misfit. Then grab some Phoenix Gold RSD component speakers (that means that the tweeter and midrange speaker are separate). Grab a 4 gauge amp wiring kit from Knuconceptz and either read up and do a good job installing it or find someone to do it for cheap. Then, get a shop to properly tune it. You will be amazed at how good it will sound, and the bass won't be as lacking as you think...

From there, buy a Sundown SA-8 (or SA-10, 12) from someone on here and pair it up with a nice 2 channel sub amp. There are plenty to choose from on this forum, I will let other members pick them out for you. The SA-8 would work great for you, since it is cheap (around $100 shipped), durable, small (itself and the box required for it), has good sound quality, and will get more than loud enough for your needs. You likely won't need more than 500 watts RMS.

But remember one thing...how the system will sound is 95% based on the installation (which includes the design of the box, as boxes can make a HUGE difference), and 5% based on equipment. It takes some people years to figure this out, so consider yourself lucky for finding this forum so early on.

Good luck!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.