New Timer, Starting my first Car Audio project...

Participant count
  • Participant list

ClearSights
10+ year member

Hey,

I recently just bought a Pontiac Grand Am GT and am about to start my first car audio project. These are the items so far I have / looking to get...

HeadUnit..

Kenwood eXcelon KDC-X693

- New Metra LC-GMRC-01 GM Class 2 Data Bus Interface - For the Chime

- 1997 97 BUICK CENTURY RADIO INSTALL MOUNTING KIT GMK420

- 40-GM10 Antenna Adapter for most GM vehicles 1988 & Up - For the Radio

Also, I just blew out my stock rear 6x9 speakers so I am looking for new ones...I am looking at these...

Rockford Fosgate P1692

6" x 9" Punch Series 2-Way Car Speakers

Power Handling:

Peak: 300 watts per pair / 150 watts each

RMS: 150 watts per pair / 75 watts each

For the speakers, will I need a amp for them?

What do you guys think about the set-up I have so far? Any suggestions?

Love the headunit. I have that one right now.

I'd rather save a little more for a nice component for the front stage rather then 6x9's. But that's just me.

congratz on starting your build, I'm new to car audio too //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif bangin head unit and yea I suggest you get an amp for your 6x9's, unless you don't think you'll be cranking it, rated at 75 rms, I'm assuming you will get distortion before you even turn your deck half way up...but I could be wrong?

...and JayP, he's getting 6x9's for the rear, not the front lol

Also, Will the rear speakers set-up work with aftermarket HU, stock front speakers and aftermarket rear?

I have no idea how speakers / wireing work...so will all that work together?

go buy it and put it in yo. unless your second guessing what to buy.... Would you like our opinions on what we would put in your ride? What is your budget and what do you like to listen too???

Also, Will the rear speakers set-up work with aftermarket HU, stock front speakers and aftermarket rear?
I have no idea how speakers / wireing work...so will all that work together?
it will all work togethor just fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.