What to put in the trunk.

Vossy
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
St. Cloud MN
Alright, so I just sold my 4 type R 12s and amp. I have ~700 to play with (I wanna buy a batt too, but that doesn't go towards my limit cuz I'ma sell my iPod)

I'm thinking on going with a high powered 15 or a 12 or 2 10s. I learned from my last mistake, which was filling the whole trunk packed with woof/box. Theres a local guy here hitting 147 on 1 12 btl and a sundown 3k at .5 ohm. And after talking to him, trunks seem to do better with 1 high powered woofer.

Locally there's a cascade omega 15 for sale, and I found an orion 2500d for 350 shipped. But I'm wondering what your guys opinions are. I'm assuming ~3.5 cube box after port would be my size range without hurting it too much because my trunk is tiny (2000 cirrus).

Edit: I want LOUD (143-147) and LOW (hitting 22 hz), if that's possible not 143 at 22 hz though, like 143-147 at peak of about 42 hz

Thanks

Less cone area usually doesn't lead to higher scores, trunk or not. You can get a good score with a single 15" sub, and the package you're looking at would do a decent job at producing a decent score. There was a dude doing 153s at the show today with 2x 15" subs in a tiny box... just a thought.

Also, I'd build 2 boxes if I were you. 1 for daily (low tuned), and one for competitions that will emphasize your vehicle's resonant frequency.

Less cone area usually doesn't lead to higher scores, trunk or not. You can get a good score with a single 15" sub, and the package you're looking at would do a decent job at producing a decent score. There was a dude doing 153s at the show today with 2x 15" subs in a tiny box... just a thought.Also, I'd build 2 boxes if I were you. 1 for daily (low tuned), and one for competitions that will emphasize your vehicle's resonant frequency.
I agree with the cone area thing, however if theres no room for the subs, nor port to flow cuz there's not enough air is my problem.

Any recommendations on driver/amp?

You got the idea on cone area right. I know a guy that can break a 150 at the headrest out of his trunk with 2 10" Crossfires. Now you need some sub(s) with strong motors (Nightshade, BTL, etc.) and the power to knock them.

You got the idea on cone area right. I know a guy that can break a 150 at the headrest out of his trunk with 2 10" Crossfires. Now you need some sub(s) with strong motors (Nightshade, BTL, etc.) and the power to knock them.
Cascade omega 15 on 2.5kw, how do you think that would do.

You should put my JL 300/2 in yo trunk, son. It won't take up much room at all.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

You should put my JL 300/2 in yo trunk, son. It won't take up much room at all.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
I think I've seen this in every post lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.