Wiring Issues, Please Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

jmann83

Okay so bought a head unit about 10-12 months ago and installed it, and everything worked wonderfully. Now for about the past 3 months or so my stereo works intermittently it cuts on about 1/4 of the time i start my car or some times at random while driving then just randomly cuts off. When I try to eject a CD or hit the display button it will preform either one of those functions then goes off. I just had time to get in there and screw around with it. I have checked all my connections to make sure nothing was grounding out, I also check and re routed my grounding to make sure that wasn't an issue. I have checked my fuses to make sure nothing was only partially plugged in or blown. I'm kind of at a loss for what to do now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

if it has a detachable face make sure the faceplate is making a good connection to the unit, use alcohol swaps to clean the connection pins

good point I didn't think about the fact that he said it cut completely off, I had a really similar issue once upon a time and it was a grounding issue, you said you relocated your ground wire, when you picked your grounds did you meter the voltage from the constant to the ground you used... what kind of vehicle is, some has weird grounds

Its a 99' Pontiac TransAM. I ran a temp wire from the head unit through the firewall of my car and connected it the the chassis of the car just to make sure i had a solid ground that something else was hooked to. When I ran the temp ground it still had the issue. I beginning to think its just the head unit its self.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.