Wiring Issues, Please Help

jmann83

Apr 25, 2011
Pulaski, VA
Okay so bought a head unit about 10-12 months ago and installed it, and everything worked wonderfully. Now for about the past 3 months or so my stereo works intermittently it cuts on about 1/4 of the time i start my car or some times at random while driving then just randomly cuts off. When I try to eject a CD or hit the display button it will preform either one of those functions then goes off. I just had time to get in there and screw around with it. I have checked all my connections to make sure nothing was grounding out, I also check and re routed my grounding to make sure that wasn't an issue. I have checked my fuses to make sure nothing was only partially plugged in or blown. I'm kind of at a loss for what to do now. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

All_Logix

Formerly CivicGTi
Dec 15, 2010
Texas
if it has a detachable face make sure the faceplate is making a good connection to the unit, use alcohol swaps to clean the connection pins

Buck

Premium Member
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
if it has a detachable face make sure the faceplate is making a good connection to the unit, use alcohol swaps to clean the connection pins
Radios usually play without the faceplate though.

All_Logix

Formerly CivicGTi
Dec 15, 2010
Texas
good point I didn't think about the fact that he said it cut completely off, I had a really similar issue once upon a time and it was a grounding issue, you said you relocated your ground wire, when you picked your grounds did you meter the voltage from the constant to the ground you used... what kind of vehicle is, some has weird grounds

Buck

Premium Member
10+ year member
May 19, 2008
FL
It simply might be some wires aren't connect well in the back. It can happen.

OP
J

jmann83

Apr 25, 2011
Pulaski, VA
Its a 99' Pontiac TransAM. I ran a temp wire from the head unit through the firewall of my car and connected it the the chassis of the car just to make sure i had a solid ground that something else was hooked to. When I ran the temp ground it still had the issue. I beginning to think its just the head unit its self.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Trending topics

Latest classifieds