2nd Battery Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

Sweet'n Low
10+ year member

Harshaw
Okay, seems simple enough.

I have a second battery that I plan on putting on the left side of my trunk.

I'm considering drilling 4 holes in the side, assuming that there is some room in between the interior frame and the outside, take a EPDM rubber strap around it and hook it into the holes to hold it down then throw some terminal on the top and work from there.

Opinions are appreciated. Last thing I need is to drill though a fuel line or drill all the way though the other side so if anyone has better suggests plz let me know.If not, let me know as well. Really want to put my stereo back in but not without my 2nd batt

I've had people suggest attaching it to your subwoofer box, and buying relocater kits thus far. I admit, I think my strap idea sounds a little foolish but a little sophisticated at the same time. Or perhaps this is one of my more "ghetto" thoughts but i like it.

Okay' date=' seems simple enough.
I have a second battery that I plan on putting on the left side of my trunk.

I'm considering drilling 4 holes in the side, assuming that there is some room in between the interior frame and the outside, take a EPDM rubber strap around it and hook it into the holes to hold it down then throw some terminal on the top and work from there.

Opinions are appreciated. Last thing I need is to drill though a fuel line or drill all the way though the other side so if anyone has better suggests plz let me know.If not, let me know as well. Really want to put my stereo back in but not without my 2nd batt

I've had people suggest attaching it to your subwoofer box, and buying relocater kits thus far. I admit, I think my strap idea sounds a little foolish but a little sophisticated at the same time. Or perhaps this is one of my more "ghetto" thoughts but i like it.[/quote']

battery needs to be a deep cycle sealed gell cell. you need to wire it in parallel. Use runs of 1/0 gauge copper power wire. They do sell battery boxes if you intend to put battery in the car cabin or trunk. Those usually have bolts with washes. Make sure you shield your power wire so that sheet metal doesn't cut through and cause a fire.

You can always grab a strip of metal, bend it with a vice or something and mount the battery to the side of the box with the metal squeezing it to the box...just a thought

Ov5c9.jpg

mines the one with the yellow top :trollface:.

pretty sure its deep cycle sealed gell cell, i hate that i don't know.

i hear those battery boxes can be like $70-$100 dollars, not really not trying to spend that kind of money. appreciate the wiring instructions. still dont know much about how to keep it stable back there. Can't see myself going with the metal strip honestly Gti, appreciate the input tho.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.