Wiring help please! 2 same amps, 2 same woofers

Participant count
  • Participant list

DrewB

Hello all, I now already have 2 2ohm power acoustik mofo 15s and 2 audiopipe 1500.1 d amps. Currently, I have 1 sub and 1 amp wired to 1ohm in a box I made with some help from posts on this forum (thank you all!) and WinISD that works well for me. However, I'd like to add the second woofer and amp while I remake a box to fit them both.

I want to use what I have (got a good deal on the lot) and I want to keep everything at 1ohm and in 1 box. I know I can't do this with 2 2ohm subs, which is where I need either some confirmation what I'm planning is going to work or some new direction lol... So...

A) Is it okay if I wire 1 power wire fused from the battery to a 3 way distribution block, to each amp... ground each amp individually (I'd like to avoid purchasing another distribution block to make a single ground, but I can if safety is an issue)... hook up 1 sub to 1 amp at 1ohm and do the same with the other... put a jumper between the remote wires so both amps turn on... put the RCA from the HU into one amp and use a single RCA to bridge/strap(?) the signal to the second amp to avoid a headache of running 2 sets of RCAs? If this won't work, how can I wire this up to avoid going up in ohm load and down in power output?

The amps I'm using are 1 ohm stable and are bridgable so 1 is master 1 is slave. I would normally just strap the amps and wire the subs up to 1 amp but then I'd need 2 4ohm subs or I'd have to run the amps at .5ohm and I don't wanna blow something or get different equipment.

B) Is it okay to keep both subs under this configuration in a ported box with one chamber, or since the amps are pushing 1 woofer at a time should I make the box have 2 chambers (effectively making 2 boxes so cancellation/different amp levels aren't an issue)? I can set each amp to be at the same level and I'd rather not have to mess with making 2 different ports and use more valuable box volume. with the design I want to use it's either 2 subs, equal distance apart share 1 full length port or I slap a divider between them and get 2 chambers and 2 half size ports from the same original port.

The subs, amps, signal, and power will all be the same so I'm hoping I don't have to worry about 1 woofer messing with the play-ability of the 2nd.

(P.S. this is my first thread here so I apologize if there's a better place for this or an answer out there somewhere, and thank you all in advance for the help! I truly appreciate it!)

Yes, just run each amp on each sub. If you set your gains the same, it's fine to run both subs in a common chamber with one port.

Run another fused power wire from the battery and ground each amp separately. Don't split your wire between the amps

So your're saying I should make 2 runs of power wire, 1 for each amp? Just for learning purposes, what harm does splitting 1 power wire do? I had thought to just run 0 guage to the dist block then 4 guage to each amp just to save on wire costs but the battery is under the back seat anyways so I don't mind running 2 wires. I've never used a dist block but saw others use them with multiple amps. Thanks! I won't bother making two chambers then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif

So your're saying I should make 2 runs of power wire, 1 for each amp? Just for learning purposes, what harm does splitting 1 power wire do? I had thought to just run 0 guage to the dist block then 4 guage to each amp just to save on wire costs but the battery is under the back seat anyways so I don't mind running 2 wires. I've never used a dist block but saw others use them with multiple amps. Thanks! I won't bother making two chambers then //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif
If the amps are designed to take 4 gauge wire, then that's fine to split the zero gauge into two 4 gauge wires. I didn't think you already had bigger wire ran to the back than the amp required.

Yes, I have the larger wire and I was just going to cut down the 4 guage I already have hooked up to the amp now. Sorry! So it looks like splitting the 0g power to 2 4g, grounding each amp separately, bridging the amps signal with an RCA, wiring each sub individually, and keeping them both in the same chamber (as long as I set the gains equally) will work out just fine. Takes a load of worry off man, I really appreciate it!! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/veryhappy.gif.fec4fed33b4a1279cf10bdd45a039dae.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.