Speaker rms and wiring to amp

Participant count
  • Participant list

KILL3RCOOP3R

US
I'm trying wire a amp to four speakers. I only connected two so far and any volume over like 10 the amp shuts off for over heating. ( i cleaned the ground again and changed it to different location amp 1 still over heats and amp 2 for my subs doesn't even get hot. I also had the store ship me The same sub and still same issue) I put one speaker per channel

Pioneer a6704 is the amp

And speaker is pioneer ts-a1685r 60 rms

Am I suppose to wire each speaker to one channel or two speakers to two different channels. ( don't understand rms is per speaker or per speaker set) I think this is maybe why it's over heating

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Get a multimeter and set it to DC voltage. Check what voltage is at the amp positive and ground terminals when you are playing music loudly.

If voltage is low, I'll suggest some other troubleshooting.

If voltage is fine, lower your gain

Get a multimeter and set it to DC voltage. Check what voltage is at the amp positive and ground terminals when you are playing music loudly.
If voltage is low, I'll suggest some other troubleshooting.

If voltage is fine, lower your gain
So the voltage is fine and the gain is as low as it could go

So the voltage is fine and the gain is as low as it could go

I should specify, is "fine" around 14v or 12v? What is the voltage at the amp compared to the voltage at your battery?

I should specify, is "fine" around 14v or 12v? What is the voltage at the amp compared to the voltage at your battery?
13 v till 14.5v and battery is about 12v till 13.5v

And so far today it haven't shut off yet. ( one o confused)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.