Weird alt issues

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have a 99 Tahoe with the 5.7L. It has the flex a lite efan setup on it along with the equipment listed in my sig. My Mechman alternator died on me and I sent it in and they repaired it as it is still under warranty. Until I got it back I was using a 140a stock alt with no problems as I didn't run the stereo system. Now before with the Mechman it would idle at 14.5v then when the a/c would cycle it would drop to 13.4v then go back up to 14.5v. Now it wouldn't do this with the stock alt. After getting the Mechman back it still does it. Any ideas?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

Yeah, somebody goofed. It was supposed to last 5. I have seen speakers fail at the solder joint on the cone under the black glue. But you are...
Sometimes the sound gets a bit lower, then gets normal again, only listening to FM radio. It does not do this when streaming music via wired Apple...
so an update: basically i got my 2nd car which i just installed a car amp kit and routed all the wires so i thought to myself lets take this amp...
Error was fixed by soldering their connector on mine, mine wasn't color coded (e.g. red - switching power, yellow - constant power etc.) It was...

About this thread

ncdrtyhoe

ncdrtyhoe
Greenville NC
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
Boomin_tahoe