wiring 2 dvc

Mercureie
10+ year member

Stay in S-C-H-O-O-L
i jus ordered 2 10 alpine type r's dvc, 300 rms. i'll be runnin em off a M286i, 300x1, from ma audio. now if i wire each sub in series with itself then parallel the two together will that give me a 2 ohm load? and what gauge wire should i use, if it matters?

Originally posted by Mercureie i jus ordered 2 10 alpine type r's dvc, 300 rms. i'll be runnin em off a M286i, 300x1, from ma audio. now if i wire each sub in series with itself then parallel the two together will that give me a 2 ohm load? and what gauge wire should i use, if it matters?
8awg wire should be fine, but you might wanna run 4awg just in case you decide to upgrade later.

are they dual 2 or dual 4 Ohm VCs?

Originally posted by drkodin 8awg wire should be fine, but you might wanna run 4awg just in case you decide to upgrade later.

are they dual 2 or dual 4 Ohm VCs?
8 and 4awg wire for a sub at a mear 300watts rms? Are you on crack? Try a 12-14awg wire and you will be more than fine. There is NO need to go any lower than that unless you are pushing MUCH more than 300watts (like30,000 and even then a 12awg is not a bad choice)

Originally posted by Alaxan 8 and 4awg wire for a sub at a mear 300watts rms? Are you on crack? Try a 12-14awg wire and you will be more than fine. There is NO need to go any lower than that unless you are pushing MUCH more than 300watts (like30,000 and even then a 12awg is not a bad choice)
wow, calm down dude. i see what you are talking about now, but i thought he meant power wire. i figured everyone pretty much knew that any speaker wire will work for any application.

Cant someone throw up a picture (windows paint program) or something of how to wire the 2 DVC's as original asked?

I just recieved my 2 pioneer DVC's yeseterday and want to install them in a similarly. Thanks.

here are your options.....im assuming you have 2ohm dvc subs....

series

spk3dvcs.gif

parallel

spk3dvc3.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.