2010 Elantra Parking Brake wiring

Participant count
  • Participant list

ShannonP

CarAudio.com Newbie
Newb here, trying to install a stereo for my son's old Elantra. I have the stereo in, microphone, etc. (it's a CarPlay compatible unit).

The one instruction I can't yet solve, and have been scouring the internet for is the part where I am supposed to connect a green wire to a parking brake wire.
The instructions say:
BlueParking BrakePin 8
but no picture or other info provided.

So, I looked online for an explanation of the the relay boxes, and the closest I can get is:

There is a relay box and ICM box in the passenger area (under dash). But none of the info/diagrams give me any pointer to which one to look at. The relax box doesn't seem to have an 20 pin connectors, and the ICM does, but I can't find any info on the pinout.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks for reading!

Thanks,
Shannon

updating with what I found. see attached images. supposedly this is the correct wire to attach the positap to. Doesn't seem to change any behavior in the radio, so not sure of the point.
image001.png
Screenshot 2024-04-15 at 1.44.08 PM.png

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...