New at this please any help is appreciated. Upgrade from 1 to 2 15" 4 ohm dvc sub wiring and right ohm load

Shwooms

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello I'm happy to have came across this forum as I'm hoping someone will help with this little bit of confusion I'm having and maybe save me some money in the long run. Background I had went to get initial install from local shop. I had wanted something temporary and allowed me to later on upgrade. I had purchased a prefabricated box ported from groundshaker, sub, and Amp. I had payed the store to do the entire install from there. They added the LC2 " I believe is because of the little upgrade options I have for head unit on my vehicle.", battery "which might need upgrade as well, I'll bring up again later". I had plans to eventually double subs and get ho alternator to handle another Amp and anything else "I found out according to a reputable sours *tell me if I'm mistaken* that the one Amp will be fine for both subs and my stock alternator will be OK if doing so". I was going to get a custom box for upgrade but decided to take it one step at a time and was impressed with ground shaker quality (model number: GS-WXP115B), and have decided to purchase another prefab box until I can afford a custom box. I also purchased another sub same model 15" 4ohm dvc for the upgrade. I'll start with vehicle and specs of Amp and subs. Vehicle 2012 Audi Q7 (stock head unit) "spare tire well has been removed to store extra battery, lc2, fuses, and Amp." These specs are what was the original set up was using. Amplifier DS18 GFX-8K1 Model No.GFX-8K1 Power @ 1 ohms (14.4V)8000W Power @ 4 ohms (14.4V)5000W Minimum Speaker Load2 Ohms THD1% Input Sensitivity0.5-8V Hi Pass Crossover (12dB/Oct)15Hz-2KHz Lo Pass Crossover (12dB/Oct)50Hz-20KHz Frequency Response15Hz-20KHz Bass Boost0-12dB Bass Boost Frequency35Hz-70Hz Working Voltage9-15V Input Terminal Size1/0AWG Output Terminal Size8 AWG Dimensions (mm)416 x 236 x 72 Subwoofer DS18 EXL-15.4DHE DVC Specifications Nominal Diameter15 Nominal Impedance4 + 4 Ohms RMS Power Handling2000W MAX Power Handling4000W Sensitivity (1w/1m)88 dB Frequency Response20Hz - 1.5KHz Recommended Lo Pass Crossover80 Hz Motor: VC Diameter3" / 75.6mm VC Former MaterialBlack Aluminum Winding MaterialCCAW Cone MaterialPaper Dust Cap MaterialGlass Fiber Surround MaterialFoam Basket MaterialAluminum Basket Color/FinishBlack Magnet MaterialFerrite Magnet Weight306 Oz Displacement Volume3.26L Thiele & Small Parameters Equivalent VolVas 29.965L Excursion(one way)Xmax 42 mm Free Air ResonanceFs 35.6 Hz Mechanical FactorQms 7.098 Electrical FactorQes 0.68 Total FactorQts 0.62 Moving MassMms 410.638 g ComplianceCms 0.027 mm/N Bl FactorBL 19.865 VC InductanceLe 11.25 mH Diaphragm AreaSd 804.25 cm² Dc ResistanceRe 3.6 + 3.6 ohms Efficiency Bandwidth ProductEBP 52.3 Measurements Overall Diameter15.59" / 396mm Overall Depth10.24" / 260mm Front Mount Baffle Cutout13.98" / 355mm Mounting Depth8.86" / 225mm Motor Diameter8.86" / 225mm Box Ground-Shaker (GS-WXP115B) Battery Shurikan SK-BT70 AGM Rechargeable - 1650 W/ 12V / 70 Amp _____________ New Setup Amplifier DS-18 GFX-8K1 (plan on using same Amp if possible) Subwoofer's 2x DS-18 EXL-XX 15.4DHE DVC (just 2 rather than one) Box Ground-Shaker (GS-NP215B) "this is a dual ported box for 2 15"'s, it has 2 terminals and 2 seperately chambers. This is where I need help along with some other questions too" Battery Same as before, however... I did purchase 2 XS Power Super Capacitors (SB500-51) incase one or two would be necessary or worth the install myself. Each are rated for (max amps: 10k amps, Max power: 4k watts, farad: 500f, and Watt Hrs: 18.2Wh) Im not sure what any of this means to be honest. I just don't have the money to pay someone else to do this. How should I wire these subs? Series/Parallel? And what is the best way to do that if I have 2 terminals and seperately chambers/ports on my box? I also wanted to know if the battery that was in there originally needs to be switched out for a bigger one or one or two of the super capacitors I have? I'm not sure if a super capacitor would replace the battery or be added too it. Any help here would be awesome. I have went to purchase that I thought were threaded inserts (to mount the subs to box) but have came to conclusion I might have purchased the wrong kind. Should I just use wood screws as I'm not keeping box forever, just until I can afford custom box. So basically I need to know how to wire subs on seperately terminals and what ohm or wiring method to match Amp and subs. I know the 8k Amp is alot of power especially seeing as the subs are rated way lower, I'm hoping it will be perfect to wire at 1ohm, but I can't figure out what's appropriate and not based on research I've done. Sorry for the long question. Here's pics of current setup and the way the current sub was wired.

Whats connected in car (Amp/ Lc2i-pro / Battery / Fuses)
https://ibb.co/dKbq6p9
https://ibb.co/zxSzsPG
https://ibb.co/1dB8t7c

Sub and how it was wired
https://ibb.co/0J4s1Vn

If you need more pics or info I will be watching this thread in hopes someone can help

Also will these work for threaded inserts? 1/4-20-1/2https://ibb.co/8DmTxxJ

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...