Will this amp and dual sub setup pound my chest?

I can’t imagine what I’d be able to do on a $4k budget haha.
We did my brother's wall build in his Civic for under that, put a bit more into it a couple years ago when we added the LTO battery bank. Still though, some people buy new/MSRP and don't do their own work. Most shops that are worthwhile will have to charge high hourly rates for their work and OP bought some expensive brand name equipment (Alpine aside).

I wouldn't consider a pair of 10" type Rs loud by any stretch but it should be a good upgrade from where he was.

First and foremost I want killer SQ for the metal and rock that I prefer most of the time, that's why I'm changing to sealed. I do want to feel the power of the subs but still have it incorporate beautifully with the 2 Focal PS 165 FX sets I have in there.
You are 100% not gonna get what you are looking for with rock and metal and the chest pound with sealed boxes at all. This is coming from a metal user that needs accurate yet brutal double bass pedals. Sealed is garbage for achieving that. You need extremely high SPL capabilities and good damping in your enclosure. Best setup for metal I've heard is two 15s in a 1/4 wave transmission line. Next in line is my 4 18s in a 6th order. Every bass thud is on beat and knocks the air outta your lungs like in a real concert. That requires over 3000 rms at the minimum. 1.5k rms is okay for normal listening but you arent gonna get that chest pound at all especially if you go sealed. You need a solid 145 db on music to get that pound.

$4k sounds about right for a good custom install, I had $3500 in installation in my old Civic 20 years ago. That included custom kick panels, a completely trimmed trunk, and Dynamat everywhere. I also had $3500 more in my equipment. You are getting 2 amps, 2 subs, tuning/fixing someone else’s work, and I am assuming a custom box and they are running new wire so I think it sounds about right. For that you should demand perfection though.

You are 100% not gonna get what you are looking for with rock and metal and the chest pound with sealed boxes at all. This is coming from a metal user that needs accurate yet brutal double bass pedals. Sealed is garbage for achieving that. You need extremely high SPL capabilities and good damping in your enclosure. Best setup for metal I've heard is two 15s in a 1/4 wave transmission line. Next in line is my 4 18s in a 6th order. Every bass thud is on beat and knocks the air outta your lungs like in a real concert. That requires over 3000 rms at the minimum. 1.5k rms is okay for normal listening but you arent gonna get that chest pound at all especially if you go sealed. You need a solid 145 db on music to get that pound.
Lay off the crack dude 🤣

Wrr
This is coming from a metal user that needs accurate yet brutal double bass pedals.
Yes sir! Double bass pedal attacks make me happy. I do not think OP was being literal. I disagree with you regarding sealed boxes and kick drum extension. I get great results in those parameters using nothing special. Could it be sea elevation or lower wattage? No idea, but we will find out in a few days when his new setup is up and running.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.