best 6.5 subwoofer?

ekah

Senior VIP Member
Mar 2, 2015
hawaii
anyone know which sounds the best out of these subs in terms of sound quality or loudness? best bang for the buck etc?
if you could rate these being number 1 and etc unless you guys have recommendations instead of what i listed around the same price point.

Bobbytwonames

CarAudio.com VIP
Aug 28, 2018
was trying to stay around 100 just for a quick build
im curious how good a 6.5 can get without breaking the bank
Aren't those FU's $100 each? The VFL's are $190 for two. If you are just going to run one 6.5, I'm sure one VFL would be right at $100. Just a thought. I have two VFL8's in my Dodge standard cab truck and they tear it up. I've never used the VFL6.5 though.

Reactions: ekah

Popwarhomie

Team Lethal Pressure
Jan 22, 2010
Florida
Black Friday is coming soon. I'm sure the FU 6.5s will be reasonably cheaper.

Seems their prices are quite a bit higher now. I have wondered why I haven't heard anything from FU audio in a while.

Boomin_tahoe

Hurtin' feelings errrday.
10+ year member
Jul 24, 2005
WA
Built a ported box for a guy for 4 of those Massive Audio https://www.amazon.com/dp/B073RP7LVY/?tag=caraudiocom-20{creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4583589102181121&psc=1 No idea how they sound. Never did hear back from the guy but did say he was working a lot of hours.

OP
ekah

ekah

Senior VIP Member
Mar 2, 2015
hawaii
DD 506 is worth looking at too. The 500 series offers a great bang for your buck.
id love to get another DD but theyre expensive and more than my budget.
i cant even find online for a seller.
and im sure shipping to hawaii is as much as the sub.

OP
ekah

ekah

Senior VIP Member
Mar 2, 2015
hawaii
Black Friday is coming soon. I'm sure the FU 6.5s will be reasonably cheaper.

Seems their prices are quite a bit higher now. I have wondered why I haven't heard anything from FU audio in a while.
yeah was going to wait for black friday for any deals really
the fu audio looks promising
has everything im looking for
price beefy push terminals etc
was going to look for sundown but theyre expensive and shipping etc
fu says its free shipping so far that wins.

Bobbytwonames

CarAudio.com VIP
Aug 28, 2018
Don't sleep on these guys either. I've used two Dayton 10" in a Ford Explorer before with a small Pioneer amp and they sounded real good. The frequency response, price, and box size on these 6.5" are pretty impressive.
20191107_064634.jpg
20191107_064714.jpg

THATpurpleKUSH

Smoke weed everyday
10+ year member
Sep 30, 2009
Banging gears and passing queeers
Anything DD in my area is like double price compared to everyone else's price quotes. Fk California
Thats crazy, sounds like dealer markup to cover rent and all the silly California taxes.

DD equipment is reasonably priced but the sky high msrp they post on their website scares most people away before they can even find a dealer and get a quote.

Bobbytwonames

CarAudio.com VIP
Aug 28, 2018
I
Anything DD in my area is like double price compared to everyone else's price quotes. Fk California
Live in Vegas and can't even find DD for sale anywhere in this city of 2.2 million. I was thinking DD actually closed. I love their amps, never used their subs. Somebody told me they were very similar to AB. DD seems overpriced, to me anyway.

Jeffdachef

Gunz That Turn on Nunz
Feb 5, 2013
South Coast Metro, CA
I

Live in Vegas and can't even find DD for sale anywhere in this city of 2.2 million. I was thinking DD actually closed. I love their amps, never used their subs. Somebody told me they were very similar to AB. DD seems overpriced, to me anyway.
they are definitely several grades above AB, much more efficient, much more accurate with better tonality aka SPL with not bad SQ. But the same woofer would cost double of what AB is charging so bleh.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 2, Guests: 9)

• sherwood71
  • ekah

Latest posts

Trending topics

Latest classifieds