Why do so many people think speakers PUSH watts

sounds like the same type of person that would ask or say his system is hitting 180
i had a kid the other day that wants to buy a box from me that is built for 2 12" powerbass xs12d's and i told him how high it metered in my car(144.1 on tl) so the kid proceeds to tell me he is going to cut 2 more holes in box for and extra 2 12"s and he wants to put 4 cvx 12"s in it and he asked me if he would hit 180 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif he is a bit special if you cant tell. i told him he would be mid to high 140's with it(possibly)

needless to say something came up and he couldnt buy my box(oh well)
I will tell ya right now. I sat in a true 161 musical on a lab... And I thought I would never say these words..... But it was too loud for daily ... at least at this point in my life. (I got door tricked in rios). I could bare it but for daily F that. And 180 is almost 100 times louder ha ha no thanks. If I ever own a shop I will build a true 160db on a lab musical monster . And when I hear about their friends etc etc or I want to hit a 180db proceed to let them sit in mine and explain how much louder 180 is

I sat in Frankies when it had the 6 15 install...its by far the loudest thing I've sat in as far as music goes.

My truck metered louder at around 10 hz higher, but he was playing some chopped and screwed stuff and still doing a 57/58.

The reason that Lexus is so loud btw is because the enclosure is bigger then the cab of the vehicle, pressurizes the cabin...just like the old extreme designs.

I also had to sit with my knees in my face lol.

I got Charles Estes to sit in it too...he said the same thing I did.

I even held the mic for tommy at usac finals a few years ago....and it still didn't compare to frankies...that Lexus is a killer

I sat in Frankies when it had the 6 15 install...its by far the loudest thing I've sat in as far as music goes.
My truck metered louder at around 10 hz higher, but he was playing some chopped and screwed stuff and still doing a 57/58.

The reason that Lexus is so loud btw is because the enclosure is bigger then the cab of the vehicle, pressurizes the cabin...just like the old extreme designs.

I also had to sit with my knees in my face lol.

I got Charles Estes to sit in it too...he said the same thing I did.

I even held the mic for tommy at usac finals a few years ago....and it still didn't compare to frankies...that Lexus is a killer
Ummmmmmm not to be rude. But i thought frankie was only doing 153 154 bassrace with the old set up. and I sat in frankies doing over the 160 mark.... and although i think it is extremely impressive tommy's is for sure considerably louder in the truck. He must not have been turning it up or you were sitting in the wrong spot in mckinney's truck. Remember he is about a db louder and has more air to compress to hit the number so he really noticably louder . either way they both are loud as hell. that is no debating that. And honestly with the V into consideration i am pretty sure his cabin has more airspace than his box

Speakers will push watts if you move the cone. Not very many watts, but passing a coil through a magnet will generate electricity //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Speakers will push watts if you move the cone. Not very many watts, but passing a coil through a magnet will generate electricity //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
ok smart azz lol. you know what I mean

Ummmmmmm not to be rude. But i thought frankie was only doing 153 154 bassrace with the old set up. and I sat in frankies doing over the 160 mark.... and although i think it is extremely impressive tommy's is for sure considerably louder in the truck. He must not have been turning it up or you were sitting in the wrong spot in mckinney's truck. Remember he is about a db louder and has more air to compress to hit the number so he really noticably louder . either way they both are loud as hell. that is no debating that. And honestly with the V into consideration i am pretty sure his cabin has more airspace than his box
I didn't sit in it with the V

And his trunk deck is cut out and the box goes through that into the trunk...i've been all up in that thing....and it used to peak a lot lower...with the flat wall even he could barely fit in there to drive it. The cabin was a LOT smaller then the enclosure, I figured the enclosure has around 45 cubes (my old trucks setup worked the exact same way //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif )

With the flat wall at the b pillar...it was a lot louder and he was doing 57s bass race and 61s in bass boxing but kept blowing subs...which is why he went to the V design with more subs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I've been friends with Tommy for over 8 years also...and yes he had it turned up it was at usac finals in 04 or 05 I believe when I rode with him when he did street beat 5.

Tommys peaks at 40 something hz...Frankies with the flat wall was peaking in the low 30s....

I've also sat our 173db super street car...and Frankies still sounded louder just because of the Frequency it played....My old truck would bass race over a 160....and Frankies still sounded louder when he was doing 57s

Argue all you want with me...its all about perception and the freq. he was peaking at in that stupidly small vehicle...with that super big dash = low note

You know whats proly worse than talking about audio with a person that done know ****, is building a system for someone that doesn't know ****.

For example I have a friend that wants a system picked out. I told him I could give him some advise. He has an idea of what he wants and at least it is a decent brand(which saves so much time right!) and he already has a decent amp.

The problem comes down to him wanting to him buying four 10" subs off of his friend and I try to explain that they wont work because 2 are DVC 4ohms and 2 are SVC 4ohm. Hell even if they were all the same VC setup, the amp doesnt have enough juice to power all them. It gets so fustrating b/c he dont understand. I dont even get all techincal on him. Even when I dumb it down and spell it out for him, he dont get it.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

I just ignore people like that... Next I am waiting for one of my friends to hear my single dd 10 in the Civic and tell me that I should have use my JL Audios instead....
I try and tell my friends about some of the better companies out there, like Fi, DD, AQ, etc. and they just like look at me and go "Are they like JL or Kicker?" lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.