Why do a lot of sub companies use the same basket

At some point for the sake of being different it would be good to use different spiders for your subs.
I'm tooling like 5 different spiders right now, actually... not to be "different" but to function correctly for the application.

If there is no advantage to doing it there is no good reason for it, IMO.

I prefer my stuff not look like every other sub/amp out there so I went the over priced route with all Rockford power series stuff, I guess that's why company's like RF and JL cost so much more they have to make up for custom baskets/amp heat sinks and things that are unique to the brand.
lol your got robbed son

I'm tooling like 5 different spiders right now, actually... not to be "different" but to function correctly for the application.
If there is no advantage to doing it there is no good reason for it, IMO.

....was it your bday yesterday? lol.

I really have no idea what there banking nor do i care, I just noticed that a lot of the underground stuff has a price range that's right up there with the name brands so to pay a little more to have it NOT look like 4-5 other company's woofer is worth it to me. Not saying the mainstream stuff is better just different.
all your RF and JL baskets are stamped out of steel and then they **** you the retarded consumer with a huge sticker price and your mentality" I want sumnthin different look at all these pretty baskets OOOOO audiobahn has flames on theirs i wan that"

you should rep audiobahn and show off all that audio bling lol

I prefer my stuff not look like every other sub/amp out there so I went the over priced route with all Rockford power series stuff, I guess that's why company's like RF and JL cost so much more they have to make up for custom baskets/amp heat sinks and things that are unique to the brand.
Thats why you paid more for less. You pair for a commercialized product that is more concerned with the bottom line than performance. IF my sub looks like something else thats fine with me, because i know my **** slams harder than what ever else it looks like because i bought it from an online company that is more concerned with customer satisfaction and performance over bottom line.

I really have no idea what there banking nor do i care, I just noticed that a lot of the underground stuff has a price range that's right up there with the name brands so to pay a little more to have it NOT look like 4-5 other company's woofer is worth it to me. Not saying the mainstream stuff is better just different.
The underground stuff that is the same price as mianstream stuff will 9 out of 10 times, outperform the mainstream item in its price range. See above post.

I am right there with you goingdef. I agree with you 100%. Rockford is expensive but you get what you pay for.
I would take one of these under ground companies over rockford any day. You dont get what you pay for with them, you get the cheapest product possible out the door that has the biggest mark up on it possible for them to still move them half way quick.

What do JL W6v2s sell for new, online? $300-ish?

That's right in line with the comparable "underground" offerings, IMO.

Where is the line with "underground", anyway? Morel? Aurasound? Peerless? Does Vifa paper cones suddenly change how they sound when they're labeled as Alpine?

What do JL W6v2s sell for new, online? $300-ish?
That's right in line with the comparable "underground" offerings, IMO.

Where is the line with "underground", anyway? Morel? Aurasound? Peerless? Does Vifa paper cones suddenly change how they sound when they're labeled as Alpine?
so for the price of a jl w3 i can pick up an fi q18 and you call that comparable?

happy b day jake you finally old enough to drink,j/k

also the co that owns pyramind and alot of other junk is sound around they are HUGE and have tons of money. they sell in quanity not quality. they build in batches of 10,000 not 100-500 qty. if they spent there money on better soft parts they wouldnt be ahead eather. they attract ignorant (not tring to be mean) youths that buy them. if they had better soft parts and werent as flashy they wouldnt sell. it just has to be bling and say 100,000 watts with 1.5" high temp coil and xtream excursion ,lol

The best thing said by goingdef is I want to be different, so i went with RF (the brand that can be bought at every audio shop in NA). Almost as different as buying Sony.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

my lord... sounds like alot of folks here ate an extra serving of downs syndrome for breakfast.....

The basket of a sub is UTILITARIAN... as long as what s available has the clearance and cooling needed there is no reason to custom tool something... that would be a TERRIBLE business decision and makes no Earthly sense... do not pass go... do not collect $500.. and we are all now dumber for having read this..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.