Who wants to help me get stupid loud?

Well I don't think the camper shell is going to happen unless I can find a used one. Hard to find a shell for a 98 T100. The 1st gen tundra shells fit the T100, but I can't find one of those either :/

Worst case I have a big *** box in the bed of my truck that I'll paint with some bed liner. I was planning on having the amps and batteries behind the front seats anyways, so the camper shell would be more to just hide the box.

Well I don't think the camper shell is going to happen unless I can find a used one. Hard to find a shell for a 98 T100. The 1st gen tundra shells fit the T100, but I can't find one of those either :/
Worst case I have a big *** box in the bed of my truck that I'll paint with some bed liner. I was planning on having the amps and batteries behind the front seats anyways, so the camper shell would be more to just hide the box.
you cant find a bed cover?

A couple updates and things in the works.
I met a local guy on team crossfire. He is running 4 crossfire xsv2 15s in a 4th order and 2 Xs 8k amps. He does a 159.9. I haven't got to hear his car yet because they just tore everything apart the other week and are redoing the box and adding 2 more 15s, another 8k, and 7 more batts.

I told him I'm thinking about running Fi BL 18s since they are in my price range (I told him I can spend $400 max per 18). He said he is going to talk to crossfire to see what they can do so I may be running crossfire subs if the price is right.

I'm talking to popwarhomie about running a self contained high voltage system (10g 31s wired in series for 120v) and using the Taramps high voltage line. I'm thinking 2 of the T-10k. I can wire 3 subs to each amp at 1.5ohm or .67ohm (the amp is stable to 0.5ohm). If I go the .67ohm route I'll probably do 16 batts and wire 2 banks of 8 batts in series for 96v to each amp. Since I will only be driving the truck to bass meets and shows to give out demos, I think I would rather not dump a bunch of money into alts and wire especially since I have to buy a camper shell now, more material for the box and bracing since I'm doing 18s, as well as a stripper pole.

Nothing is set in stone but this is where I'm at right now. I can always buy alts and rewire the batteries in parallel in the future if I'm unhappy with the results of the high voltage system.
you do realize that when you series batteries that your increasing voltage and not amperage output correct? so you need 10 batteries series just to get the voltage and if you use say the 1000 CA even though you have 10 your still only going to get 1000CA. meaning the power between the two battery banks will be the same regardless or voltage. how are you going to charge the batteries without a 120 Volt alternator or a transformer?

crossfire's always a safe bet. we got a few 160 db builds with crossfire XSv2s over in the west coast.
Buddy in georgia has 3 xsv4 15s on 3 xs4ks at 16v in a 6th order at .35 each, eventually doing 6 subs and 6 amps but he's doing 157s right now.

you do realize that when you series batteries that your increasing voltage and not amperage output correct? so you need 10 batteries series just to get the voltage and if you use say the 1000 CA even though you have 10 your still only going to get 1000CA. meaning the power between the two battery banks will be the same regardless or voltage. how are you going to charge the batteries without a 120 Volt alternator or a transformer?
Yes and taramps makes a high voltage charger for these types of setups. But I'm not sure if I'm going to try Brazilian anymore. I met a guy who just opened up an audio shop and I might be able to get a partial sponsor from him to run a normal setup. I know I'm sort of all over the place with this but I keep meeting new people and things keep changing. What won't change though is that I should have a pretty loud truck by the end of the year //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

Yes and taramps makes a high voltage charger for these types of setups. But I'm not sure if I'm going to try Brazilian anymore. I met a guy who just opened up an audio shop and I might be able to get a partial sponsor from him to run a normal setup. I know I'm sort of all over the place with this but I keep meeting new people and things keep changing. What won't change though is that I should have a pretty loud truck by the end of the year //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Keep it simple money. It's not hard. Plot your fr, find you res frequency and get a sound electrical system. Keep airflow inside and outside the box free of restrictions and use the subs that are ideal for you box/needs..

Little update.

Looks like I might be joining team crossfire. I linked up with Phil who has one of the loudest crossfire builds in my area. Did a 159.9 with 4 15" XS-V2 on 2 8ks in his trailblazer. He's rebuilding right now to do 6 15s and 3 8ks. Should be nasty as hell!

This is what we have discussed for my truck for the first go around.

2 xs-4k @.4 or .5 ohm depending on 8 or 10 subs.

1 c5-800.4

1 c5-400.4

8 or 10 c7 12s

4 xs-m10 speakers

4 tweets

Most likely a 4th order. Sticking with a normal blow through and 12s so I can keep the top of the box below the top of the bed. I think it will look the best this way.

For electrical I'll have an Ohio gen 200A and then 2 Ohio gen 350A hairpins. Most likely 7-8 g31 and tons of eb flex 2/0

This also may be happening now instead of after summer. I have enough for the equipment and just need a few more thousand for the box and electrical. There is a huge 2 day show on July 16th and 17th around here so I kind of want to get done by then. JP and Greg Corbin and many other of the big Vegas guys are coming through so I want to have something loud too. Obviously not nearly as loud as their vehicles but if I can do some good hair tricks and float a t shirt I'll be happy haha

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.