Who wants to help me get stupid loud?

BoogerMan

CarAudio.com Elite
AZ
I'm officially addicted after hearing a 155db Yukon tonight.

My budget will be $10k max. Less would be better but I know it costs to get loud. This will be spent over the next serval months so I can have all of the equipment and start building in October/November

This will be going in a blow through in my 1998 Toyota T100.

The height of the bed limits my sub size. It is only 17" high so I can only do 10s or 12s unless I just do single top and bottom layer in the box, then I could fit 15s.

I have about 26 internal cubes before displacement if all outer walls are doubled. That would take up the entire bed so I would have to fit the batteries in the cab. If we don't use the entire bed I may put the batteries behind the box.

I would like to do either a 4th or 6th order. I will be doing interchangeable ports. One for the lows, one to be musical, and one for spl if this is all possible.

Will probably do dual Alts and 10 or more g31 batteries

If you were doing this, what subs and amps would you buy? I'll figure out the mids and highs later as well as the box design. Just interested in equipment recommendations.

After the box, Alts, batteries, wiring, etc. I would guess I will have around $5k left over.

Thanks for your input //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

6th order with six hdc4 12s..... ampere 9.0 at .33 ohms two 40 ah lithium ion batts and 2 alts on top of your stock alt. Eb flex 3/0 welding cable. Some pwx 10s and ft1 supertweets.

Of couse look for used deals. Can get a used tfe 8.0 or 9.0 for under 1700 shipped. Used hdc4 12s for 340 shipped.

6th order with six hdc4 12s..... ampere 9.0 at .33 ohms two 40 ah lithium ion batts and 2 alts on top of your stock alt. Eb flex 3/0 welding cable. Some pwx 10s and ft1 supertweets. Of couse look for used deals. Can get a used tfe 8.0 or 9.0 for under 1700 shipped. Used hdc4 12s for 340 shipped.
I disagree with a few things.

I wouldn't get HDC4's. Instead, I'd get Sp4's. The TFE new is going to be $1,900 and there's cheaper power out there. Also, the lithiums make power more at lower voltage, so I wouldn't like to run those.

I do agree with the FT1 supertweets. I've got those

Put a camper shell on the truck. That will double the airspace and open up the subwoofer selections to 15's and 18's. Cone area is king if you want to get loud.

I disagree with a few things.
I wouldn't get HDC4's. Instead, I'd get Sp4's. The TFE new is going to be $1,900 and there's cheaper power out there. Also, the lithiums make power more at lower voltage, so I wouldn't like to run those.

I do agree with the FT1 supertweets. I've got those
Not that sp4 is inferior, hell no, its just a lot more picky with the enclosure and overall system design to get loud with vs an HDC sub. It could be that i've just seen too many failed sp4 builds vs successful soundqubed builds so my opinion is pretty skewed.

Don't mess with that supertweet garbage. Get some HLCDs with some high power handling drivers. Two sets of efficient 8s with 2-3x the power of the horns to the mids.

Not that sp4 is inferior, hell no, its just a lot more picky with the enclosure and overall system design to get loud with vs an HDC sub. It could be that i've just seen too many failed sp4 builds vs successful soundqubed builds so my opinion is pretty skewed.
Gotcha.

Right now, I'm thinking about getting 6 Crossfire XSv2's at the end of Summer. Going all-out with the 4 7k's

What size, amount of subs, and power are they running? Flat walls or 4th's?
volkswagen rabbit with two 18s fully fiberglassed vehicle, vehicle is not operational and has to be plugged into an outlet to charge for burping in the lanes, it was 163-164 or so 20k ish power no idea what ohm load.

Another one was an SUV B pillar flat wall with 4 18s, 24k power 161.2

volkswagen rabbit with two 18s fully fiberglassed vehicle, vehicle is not operational and has to be plugged into an outlet to charge for burping in the lanes, it was 163-164 or so 20k ish power no idea what ohm load.
Another one was an SUV B pillar flat wall with 4 18s, 24k power 161.2
Oh, dang. Sweet! Thanks for the info!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.