Troubleshooting issue

Participant count
  • Participant list

Rsjust2nice

Hey guys, im a new member on here and im calling out for help if im posting on the wrong thread can u direct this to the right thread. I have a 2011 lancer with a factory rockford system (4 component speakers,2 tweeters, 10" woofer in a concealed box and 5 channel amp-for those not familiar with the setup) the other day i was just crusing around and my sound cut out. Turned the system off and back on hoping it was a small hiccup and i got a really low sounding static for about 30 seconds before it just shut off again. I have full power to my deck(oem) but when attemting to adjust the volume theres no change in the level but the numbers go up and down on the deck face. I get this sound from all audio phases cd,bluetooth,radio/sirius

I reached out to rockford and was told call the dealer, called the dealer they said call rockford some customer support right, f outta here. I wouldnt say im an expert by any means but i have a decent knowledge of car audio systems. I wanted to plug and play a new amp into the system as an easy way to see if the amp just went bad but because it came from the factory the 5 channel is ran thru a wire harness and mitsu doesnt have an amp bypass harness. So i found a wiring schematic and took some pins out of the harness going into the amp to begin troubleshooting myself. I checked the voltage-14.6 on and in acc position, i checked for impedance on my 4 door speakers incase somehow water got thru the door panels and shorted one out but they all came back at 1.9 ohms. I cant for the life of me figure out what the problem is. Only thing i can come up with is maybe its getting a weak signal from the deck but idk how to check that. The amp doesnt have any indicator lights or external fuses to check.

I would have no problem hooking a new 5 channel up but the factory deck doesnt have preamp outputs just what i assume are high level inputs (positive and negative wires) that are connected thru the wiring harness instead of low level rcas. What would make my system play at such a low staticy volume level for 30 seconds than crap out?? Any help or suggestions would be greatly, greatly appreciated as i would prefer to figure out the problem rather than have to re run a whole new setup.

Can you explain the sound better? Have youtaken a look at all the fuses that would be under the hood and by the door panels next to or under the dash. Just in case. Just off what I read it seems like the factory head unit went out.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.