Who wants to help me get stupid loud?

Thanks man. No worries.

Are the Brazilian amps okay to run at .5 ohm? Just thinking about sub and wiring options.

I think I have a good list of subs and amps to go off of now

I'm going to put some options together maybe this weekend and I'll see what you guys think. Thanks again!

Yes, don't wire below 1 ohm with brazilian amps.

With that budget, and if you're competing, go Korean.

Hopefully he'd still cut me a deal on 6 18's bought direct

you don't need 10k. you don't need 5 k.you need to build the box for the cabin and use the best subs for the cabin FR and box size.

6 cheap 12s walled off 4kw can get you into the mid 150s.

like 6 FI BL 12s.

this outlandish power crazy people go after to get loud is ridiculous. those inefficient woofers tat need 4-5kw to even get loud are foolish.

if your gonna wall it id do 3 15s or 6 12s something efficient. not those huge heavy coils with mms of 450 500 grams and a 3500 RMS power handling.

you have enough power on tap to break 150.

another good option would be 3 of the soundrive 15s ported with the 3500 they will easily get you into the 150s.

1kw or subs get another AQ run it at one ohm don't risk damaging your equipment for 200-300 more watts.

upgrade your alt and maybe two good batteries or one good battery and a really nice cap bank(alot lighter and does great for music and burps)

no needd to put 20 kw when you can do it with 8 and a well designed system.

I agree. Back when I was really into this, I had a buddy that could right at 150 on music all day with only 3kw and 2 15s.

Still trying to decide on equipment but I think I'm going to go with the camper shell idea. I will be able to get louder and spend less since I'll be able to run 18s. Im thinking about sealing up my current blow through hole and then take out my rear window and do a 4th order with the port going through the window. That will probably allow me to do up to 50 cubes if I were to guess. So maybe 6 18s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still trying to decide on equipment but I think I'm going to go with the camper shell idea. I will be able to get louder and spend less since I'll be able to run 18s. Im thinking about sealing up my current blow through hole and then take out my rear window and do a 4th order with the port going through the window. That will probably allow me to do up to 50 cubes if I were to guess. So maybe 6 18s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KISS

keep

it

simple

stupid

go what you want to go with all i can say is I would focus on the electrical first. design a box then choose the woofers..

best thing to do is plot your cabins FR and if your gonna port it figure out your pathways and do your wave length calculations. if your going to do 4th order just build it as big as you can.. that higher the ratio the more peaky it will be.

I'm still going over different amps, which will also depend on my electrical that Im still trying to get figured out haha.

But here is my idea for subs. I'll be buying 6 so $400 each is my limit. If there are any other contenders for $400 or less please let me know?

Fi BL 18

SoundQubed HDC3 18

SSA XCON 18

SounDrive SDA3 18

Thoughts?

Sounds good. I'll see if someone can help me figure that out about my truck and then I'll be paying someone for a 4th order design but I'll need to know what subs I'll be running before they can design the box right?

A couple updates and things in the works.

I met a local guy on team crossfire. He is running 4 crossfire xsv2 15s in a 4th order and 2 Xs 8k amps. He does a 159.9. I haven't got to hear his car yet because they just tore everything apart the other week and are redoing the box and adding 2 more 15s, another 8k, and 7 more batts.

I told him I'm thinking about running Fi BL 18s since they are in my price range (I told him I can spend $400 max per 18). He said he is going to talk to crossfire to see what they can do so I may be running crossfire subs if the price is right.

I'm talking to popwarhomie about running a self contained high voltage system (10g 31s wired in series for 120v) and using the Taramps high voltage line. I'm thinking 2 of the T-10k. I can wire 3 subs to each amp at 1.5ohm or .67ohm (the amp is stable to 0.5ohm). If I go the .67ohm route I'll probably do 16 batts and wire 2 banks of 8 batts in series for 96v to each amp. Since I will only be driving the truck to bass meets and shows to give out demos, I think I would rather not dump a bunch of money into alts and wire especially since I have to buy a camper shell now, more material for the box and bracing since I'm doing 18s, as well as a stripper pole.

Nothing is set in stone but this is where I'm at right now. I can always buy alts and rewire the batteries in parallel in the future if I'm unhappy with the results of the high voltage system.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.