Who Makes The Best 10' Sub?

avw241
10+ year member

Maryland
I'm looking to put 4 10' sub's in a seal box....want to know who is the best sub to get?

93 GMC Suburban

Head Unit - Alpine 7977

Front Dash - Infinity Kappa 462.3cfp

Front Door Custom - Infinity Kappa 60.3cs

Rear Doors - Infinity Kappa 63.3i

Custom Rear Doors - Infinity Tweeters 10.3t

Rear Celling - Kenwood KFC-415

Sub's - 4 Dept Chart 10'

Rear Doors Celling - Infinity Tweeters 10.2t

Front Amp - Rockford Fosgate Punch G4004

Rear Amp - Rockford Fosgate Punch H4004

Sub Amp - Rockford Fosgate Punch 500.2

go for kicker's man....it will rock you till your brain seeps out from your ears!!! I've heard what one 10" kicker can do and I was utterly blown away. Kicker all the way man! I have a pair of pioneers....they pound pretty good but if I had the money...kicker would definitely be in my car. The only kicker i have are my fronts and I love em!

look, If you want to go for the best 10" subs without looking at the cost, you should definitly go with Audiobahn's AWT10 10" Linear Comp. They usually go for around $500.00 a piece. However, If youwant to go for good quality sound and keep cost in mind, JL Audio has great subs. I'm running two 10" W3's in my 2002 Cavalier and they soundf great. I will sell them for the right amount. I bought them in a FIBERGLASS Box and my 600-Watt Kenwood Excelon Amp for just under $1100. The subs cost almost 250. The amp is 400 and the box, custom-made runs a little over 400. E-Mail me if you wishj to inquire about a vbuyout at vbplyr2776@aol.com.

i have heard the hcca orion and that sub is loud.....

for sound quality u might want to go with boston acoustics proseries, or JLW3 they sound really good.

i have 2 sony explods in a bandpass box

they are extremely loud, they sound like 12's and they were pretty cheap

definetly a good buy, and they are some quality subs!

Aw crap, do we have to get into the whole "sony subs are pure crap and don't buy them" thing again. Dont buy the sony's they are not quality and they don't sound that great. Therefore they are in expensive. Go with the Jl 10w3s. They are great subs and high quality.

the other day at the shop i heard 2 12" xplod's and they were loud. they showed me the db drag slip......148db!!!!

ok, i don't care for them either, so here is the secret. ther were in a 5^3 box!!! if you don't want any room, i guess they'll work!!

anyway, dont' forget eclipse, boston, fosgate, or vega's. oh yea, treo's, OZ, and if you got lots o'money....focal utopia!!! that last one is about $900!!

Thinking about replacing one of the 400 amps for a Alpine MRV-F540 for my high's. If anyone have in suggestion please pass them on I want to improve my system for the best sound....I want to replace the Dept Chart Sub's....that's why I want to know who makes the best 10' sub....I bought the Dept Charts as a last result....please help.....

93 GMC Suburban

Head Unit - Alpine 7977

Front Dash - Infinity Kappa 462.3cfp

Front Door Custom - Infinity Kappa 60.3cs

Rear Doors - Infinity Kappa 63.3i

Custom Rear Doors - Infinity Tweeters 10.3t

Rear Celling - Kenwood KFC-415

Sub's - 4 Dept Chart 10'

Rear Doors Celling - Infinity Tweeters 10.2t

Front Amp - Rockford Fosgate Punch G4004

Rear Amp - Rockford Fosgate Punch H4004

Sub Amp - Rockford Fosgate Punch 500.2

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.