Who makes a din spacer for a flip up screen? Hits the dash.

bjl95mustang
10+ year member

I have a 98 grand cherokee and i'm going to install a flip out video screen.

The problem I am having is that the screen wont be able to flip up all of the way before it hits the dash.

I need to find some kind of spacer or extender for a single din so it wont set into the dash to far.

I have looked online and had no luck.

Can the HU be mounted into a custom bracket? That bracket can then be mounted outwards. Custom make some molding to go around the edge of the exposed extended bracket/HU combo so it looks nice. Your screen then can open up.

If you can't do it, find someone who knows how to do metal work to make the bracket and someone who does woodworking to make a nice trim piece (the molding). Look for metal fabrication shops at local high schools or trade schools to see if the teacher or his most talented student wants a crack at a special project. Cabinet shops should have no trouble at all making a bit of trim that will fasten to the bracket's edges.

On top of that, there should be enough wire on the HU for it to move forward an inch or less to gain the needed clearance. It's not like you have to shift it forward half a foot...LOL!

Rick

Just take it to a shop and tell them you can't get it to flip out and they'll give you a piece to fix it. I had the same problem in my Sunfire. Due to the decks in those cars being recessed so far into the dash it wouldn't flip up so I asked him what he could do and he said Metra made another kit that would extend it out so it would work and now it works flawless.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.