Which woofer?

To say it is a w7 killer implies that it dominates the w7 across the board. It doesnt. The w7 is more linear and wont struggle on the upper end as much as the X will. Despite the very low fs of the w7, they are not as bottom heavy as an x.And thats from someone who prefers Sundown
they have a low MMS. they are very nice woofers no lie and they are quite efficient

The x version 1, which I have, are made to play very low freq. that some subs cannot reach in that area. Jacob has stated this some time ago. And yes, they don't play the higher notes very well. It's been said time and time again. You might find someone or 2 that didn't like the sound of this sub.

The x version 2 takes it to another level and less "mega surround" the version one has. This sub should play all freq that your after, in a good designed enclosure.

The W7 is a good sub, but imo and many others, it's way over priced. Even seen some on CL and such still wanting top dollar for a used sub. Funny how the W7's have been out how many years now, and not once have they dropped in price.

If it were me, I'd get the xv.2 You can always change them out later if you don't like them. Got some help here to get you up and running such as a box design, and such.

Im not saying i agree, but JL doesnt have to drop the price. Such is life when you are at the top of the food chain, even if half of it is only perception. That perception will keep people returning.

Both will sound good, and with nice output in their proper boxes.

I think the JL will be a little smoother, a little more finesse.The sundown will probably be a little more authoritive, especially on lower octaves.

If i was primarily a rap listener, id do the X. If i mixed in rock, country or whatever, id do the JL

Im not saying i agree, but JL doesnt have to drop the price. Such is life when you are at the top of the food chain, even if half of it is only perception. That perception will keep people returning.
Uneducated people don't know any better, shell out 900 per w7 and go with what the sheep tell them to go with.....w/o realizing other brands out there. Car Toys is making a killing.

You sure ask a lot of questions.
And yes.
Haha.

I'm looking at a price factor and it's what $1200 for the JL VS $499. If no budget and you like the W7 then buy it. I had a zv4 I ran for a while and I liked it.

Both are nice subs. But for me it would be sundown only for cost reasons.

Haha.
I'm looking at a price factor and it's what $1200 for the JL VS $499. If no budget and you like the W7 then buy it. I had a zv4 I ran for a while and I liked it.

Both are nice subs. But for me it would be sundown only for cost reasons.
Couldn't agree more. Then the usual response back is well then you can't afford JL w7--heard so many times. I can buy a bunch if I wanna, if $$ wasn't an object but for far less $$ something else can be had and sound just the same or/if just as better.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.