WOOFER PLACEMENT IN 3 WAY SYSTEM

Understood. Ive even used PVC caps in the past. Cheap enough and primed and painted they looked and worked great as well for very little spent.
There are some little slits/cut outs on the plastic that holds that existing screen cover in place. Just keep an eye on that if cutting the plastics out. I found it easier to heat up a box blade/knife to cut with if I didnt use my Dremel or RotoZip.
Are your doors sealed or have any deadner on them at all? Mine have two layers of 80 mill on the face and one inside both panels. I did both my 98s like that. world of difference man.Very happy I did that,
Maybe you could fit a 2" in there?? Possibile? Maybe find something equivalent of the speaker and see before purchased?
Not yet. I plan an ordering another box of kilmat and some CCF to decouple. In my 98 Cherokee I use the silicone baffles from Recoil. Kind of like the foam fast rings but muuuch better cause it also covers the magnet and basket which is great cause my door panels get wet on the inside when it rains amd comes with a foam pad to break up the rear wave. Made a huuuge difference cause the sound waves weren't being lost between the baffle and the door card.

I plan on also taking out all the seats and triple treating the floor with CLD, CCF, and MLV. It has a 350 Vortec and I plan on putting a louder muffler on it later down the road.

Btw id check out GP Audios CNC shop. They make those MDF door enclosures I was talking about. Good prices too

The point source (coax) units from SB acoustics, very good drivers. I would run those on their own, nothing in the dash or other tweeters, dual tweeters no bueno!
That's what I was thinking. But unless I'm reading it wrong, you have to make your own crossover to the coaxial mounted tweeter? I dont see any mounted to the basket like usual

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240402-192351.png
    Screenshot_20240402-192351.png
    126.5 KB · Views: 6
Not yet. I plan an ordering another box of kilmat and some CCF to decouple. In my 98 Cherokee I use the silicone baffles from Recoil. Kind of like the foam fast rings but muuuch better cause it also covers the magnet and basket which is great cause my door panels get wet on the inside when it rains amd comes with a foam pad to break up the rear wave. Made a huuuge difference cause the sound waves weren't being lost between the baffle and the door card.

I plan on also taking out all the seats and triple treating the floor with CLD, CCF, and MLV. It has a 350 Vortec and I plan on putting a louder muffler on it later down the road.

Btw id check out GP Audios CNC shop. They make those MDF door enclosures I was talking about. Good prices too
Very nice. I like my trucks. Ive got 331k on one of them I bought BNEW in 98 and purrs like a Kitten. My other I bought used with 129k on it and now has turned close to 290k. Runs like a top. too. Ill keep them forever. Been very reliable trucks. 350 Vortecs. True Dual Exhaust from factory and dual Battery spots under the hoods. I like the Flow master 40 series myself. Dual in /Dual out to tips.Sounds real nice.Ill check those Pods out @GP Audio. Ive put quite a few of theyre enclosures together,and have a few myself,wiring,amps ect. fromn them. Great place to buy from.

Very nice. I like my trucks. Ive got 331k on one of them I bought BNEW in 98 and purrs like a Kitten. My other I bought used with 129k on it and now has turned close to 290k. Runs like a top. too. Ill keep them forever. Been very reliable trucks. 350 Vortecs. True Dual Exhaust from factory and dual Battery spots under the hoods. I like the Flow master 40 series myself. Dual in /Dual out to tips.Sounds real nice.Ill check those Pods out @GP Audio. Ive put quite a few of theyre enclosures together,and have a few myself,wiring,amps ect. fromn them. Great place to buy from.
Oh for sure I helped my buddy out together one of their glue and screw enclosures. Came packed nicely with everything. Unlike the D4S one I ordered, half the cuts were chipped and the terminal cup was crushed into a million pieces.

I like the older stuff too. My 98 Cherokee is my daily and needs some rust patches up and some new suspension and steering components but has 178k in the clock which is nothing on those old 4.0 Straight sixes. My Chevy is a 5 speed and my first manual ever so I'm still learning how to drive it. Super fun to driver but damn near impossible to hear the engine in it. I had a Super 40 on my old Jeep a 96 with the same engine. Sounded really good but was UNGODLY loud, pretty much a giant resonator case with no sound batting. On my newer jeep I threw a FlowFX straight thru muffler on there and its nice and deep with a good rumble and has almost no interior drone. I think I'm gonna go that route on the Chevy

Last edited:
The point source (coax) units from SB acoustics, very good drivers. I would run those on their own, nothing in the dash or other tweeters, dual tweeters no bueno!
Yea from what all I can see is that you have to make a crossover for the tweeter. I'm sure how how to do that. I'd really like to use these drivers they look pretty high quality and the spec sheet looks nice

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...