Which sub to get? 12 xxx or 13w7!

Trying to keep the same amp.But and Hifonics is ehhhhhhh... just not for me. But thanks for the suggestions at least.

Lmao, this guy comes in here with another w7 vs (any sub here) thread, then starts "counting bodies" like he's somebody. Lulz have been had.

lol... yes please do... I want another goliath //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif you can keep the kicker garbage tho...

yeah even the brz1700 would walk all over what he has... and at least the 2100 would run a XXX //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

bodybag that douche...

spoken like a true rookie.
but oh well, dont listen to me. Im pretty newb with car audio......

if i had to pick between those two subs, it would be either a 2005 or earlier XXX. if you are buying new, definitely the dub7
A rookie in car audio I am. But I'm a pro when it comes to finances. I hear you and all, I'm just saying I don't wanna sell the amp I have for peanuts and than have to go spend another couple of stacks on another one when I can just keep the one I have. And if I did pick up another amp, it definitely wouldn't be a Hifonics. I'll just roll with a newer sub for warranty purposes. I'm not saying you're a newbie, just saying I'd prefer to keep my current amp.

A rookie in car audio I am. But I'm a pro when it comes to finances. I hear you and all, I'm just saying I don't wanna sell the amp I have for peanuts and than have to go spend another couple of stacks on another one when I can just keep the one I have. And if I did pick up another amp, it definitely wouldn't be a Hifonics. I'll just roll with a newer sub for warranty purposes. I'm not saying you're a newbie, just saying I'd prefer to keep my current amp.
Fair enough.

I'de still buy the Xcon over both a w7 and an XXX though.

yeah even the brz1700 would walk all over what he has... and at least the 2100 would run a XXX //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif
bodybag that douche...
And that's all good. But like I said, I'd prefer to keep my amp than attempt to sell it, dish out $$$ for another amp and a whole new setup. It's not all that serious to me. I'm not saying I got the best $hit in the game, just saying I'd like to keep what I got. Still don't change the fact you tried to call "trolling" and you've been proven wrong. But it's whatever though. Appreciate the thread contributions.

you could flip that Tantrum and use the $$ to buy something bigger is the point...
an old model XXX will dump on W7... and sound a ton better doing it..

And I understand that. I believe you when you say the older XXX will kill a W7. I've heard it before, and you're more knowledgeable in this area than I am, I believe you. All I'm saying is I'm trying to stay away from taking a risk of buying a used item without warranty. Been through that in the past, had a few items fail me. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying the W7 is just the best thing out there because it's not.

And that's all good. But like I said, I'd prefer to keep my amp than attempt to sell it, dish out $$$ for another amp and a whole new setup. It's not all that serious to me. I'm not saying I got the best $hit in the game, just saying I'd like to keep what I got. Still don't change the fact you tried to call "trolling" and you've been proven wrong. But it's whatever though. Appreciate the thread contributions.
you're looking to pay about $500-$550 for ONE 12" sub.

Sell yer amp for $150 bones, buy the Xcon and the BRZ (which are decent amps, much better than the brutus series thats probably coming to your mind), and you'll have a brand new setup without spending more money.

Shoot, scratch the BRZ and get another budget amp if you want. Regardless, that BRZ will make your current amp look like a little schoolgirl.

scratch the xcon for that matter, there are a ton of other comparable subs with a cheaper price tag. The point im making is if you do a little research, you can get a MUCH better setup without spending more money.

you're looking to pay about $500-$550 for ONE 12" sub.
Sell yer amp for $150 bones, buy the Xcon and the BRZ (which are decent amps, much better than the brutus series thats probably coming to your mind), and you'll have a brand new setup without spending more money.

Shoot, scratch the BRZ and get another budget amp if you want. Regardless, that BRZ will make your current amp look like a little schoolgirl.

scratch the xcon for that matter, there are a ton of other comparable subs with a cheaper price tag. The point im making is if you do a little research, you can get a MUCH better setup without spending more money.
Yeah, the Brutus line is definitely the ones that come to mind. I see the brz1700 is CEA compliant(for what it's worth) which is a plus.

And I haven't only narrowed it down to just the W7 or XXX. But I did get some nice offers on them. Of course I'd like to save $$$. But I'm factoring in sq, output, warranty, recone cost(hope I never have to reach this level) and my biggest problem which is space.

But since you bought it up, give me the scoop on the XCON. How loud and hard does it hit compared to the XXX? SQ?

Yeah, the Brutus line is definitely the ones that come to mind. I see the brz1700 is CEA compliant(for what it's worth) which is a plus.
And I haven't only narrowed it down to just the W7 or XXX. But I did get some nice offers on them. Of course I'd like to save $$$. But I'm factoring in sq, output, warranty, recone cost(hope I never have to reach this level) and my biggest problem which is space.

But since you bought it up, give me the scoop on the XCON. How loud and hard does it hit compared to the XXX? SQ?
http://www.soundsolutionsaudio.com/index.php/product-information/xcon.html

do yourself a favor and register on soundsolutionsaudio.com's forum. You'll thank me later //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

XCON Series Sub Woofer

do yourself a favor and register on soundsolutionsaudio.com's forum. You'll thank me later //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

About to do so right now. And I see what you mean price wise with the amp thing. But don't leave me hanging, give me some insight on the XCON compared to the XXX.

The Xcon looks very promising. Sounds like it's a great woofer. Their customer service seems to be great, and I keep reading their woofers are made to order. Would definitely consider picking up the 12" Icon over the 13w7. Now I just have to decide if I really wanna dish out more $$$ on a bigger amp or not. Decisions...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.