Which sub to get? 12 xxx or 13w7!

better make sure the xcon can take 2400 -3000 rms b4 you buy it...
not to say it can't take it but it has no where near the build ( from the specs they show ) of a 3kw sub imo... it takes alot to make a sub take that power daily.. I am tired tho so may have missed the obvious...
It won't have to take 2400 - 3000 watts if he sets the amp/s properly.

gonna be a waste for him to get the 2nd 1500 watt amp then...

everyone told him he needed more power... so he got a 2nd tantrum so he could strap them... they are rated at 1200 but do between 1450 and 1600 on average...

hard to gain adjust that much power out of it and still have decent volume control...

gonna be a waste for him to get the 2nd 1500 watt amp then...
everyone told him he needed more power... so he got a 2nd tantrum so he could strap them... they are rated at 1200 but do between 1450 and 1600 on average...

hard to gain adjust that much power out of it and still have decent volume control...
I didn't read the thread, homeslice. I had no idea what kind of equipment dude was ending up with.

better make sure the xcon can take 2400 -3000 rms b4 you buy it...
not to say it can't take it but it has no where near the build ( from the specs they show ) of a 3kw sub imo... it takes alot to make a sub take that power daily.. I am tired tho so may have missed the obvious...
It won't have to take 2400 - 3000 watts if he sets the amp/s properly.
I'm pretty sure I won't throw 3000w to it, lol. I'll see how it takes the 1760 rms first, and than go from there. But it does come with a warranty to be on the safe side, that's more than enough time to test it out and see what this beast will really take. But I honestly think 1760w is more than enough for me, especially in a ported enclosure. But thanks for the tips guys.

oh I wasn't being rude bro //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif didnt know if ya knew or not so I was updating you with da cliffs //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

OP you will not be able to gain adjust that much... when everyone said get the xcon I was assuming it was some monster sub...

maybe it is but wait to get it til you ask someone that has used it!!

warranty will not cover a blown sub defect only not broken from user error...

going to bed gl //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

I didn't read the thread, homeslice. I had no idea what kind of equipment dude was ending up with.
Yeah, gonna strap 2 Tantrums together and run them to the Xcon. I'm not sure how amp adjusting works when strapping 2 amps, but I'll ask the guy doing the installation to try and turn the power output down some, and adjust it as/if needed. If I blow the Xcon pretty easily or it seems like 1 Tantrum is more than enough for it, I'll consider removing 1 of them.

Yeah, gonna strap 2 Tantrums together and run them to the Xcon. I'm not sure how amp adjusting works when strapping 2 amps, but I'll ask the guy doing the installation to try and turn the power output down some, and adjust it as/if needed. If I blow the Xcon pretty easily or it seems like 1 Tantrum is more than enough for it, I'll consider removing 1 of them.

The Xcon is a nice sub. It should take the power if you use it like you have some sense...

The Xcon is a nice sub. It should take the power if you use it like you have some sense...
Yeah, that's what I'm saying. I'm not the smartest guy in car audio, but I'll have some clue as of when the sub is being pushed too hard. I understand strapping amps doesn't give me much control over adjusting power. I'll ask the installer to turn them down a little bit, I'd rather be sake than sorry. I'll be careful when I adjust the remote bass knob control. I'll try my best to adapt to the sound and monitor what the sub can take.

Xcon huh?...good choice.
Yeah. One of the users recommended it to me and after researching it and SSA as a company, I'm sold on it. Price was a big factor also, can't beat it for the price. And like I said, if it comes down to it, I'd definitely prefer to pay $150 for a recone compared to $500 for a JL recone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.