Which sub to get? 12 xxx or 13w7!

imp4pdabest
10+ year member

I GOT DA BURNA
I know this question has been asked before, but I need to hear recommendations for a sealed enclosure only. I have an 01 Mustang GT and the trunk is so small I can only fit a sealed enclosure, ported is not option. I'm only looking to run 1 sub to at least have a little trunk space left over. I just blew my 12w7 with my PG Tantrum 1200.1 only 2/5ths turned up. I plan on keeping my Tantrum because I love it and don't wanna dish out $$$ for another amp. The SQ on my 12w7 was great. It got loud, but it left me wanting more output. I like SQ, but I love that deep hitting bass you can feel, and I like my music loud. So with output being my first priority, deep bass being my 2nd and sq being my 3rd, which sub would you recommend me to get? And would my Tantrum be enough power for the 12 XXX?

I can get a brand new RE XXX 12 shipped with 2yr warranty for $519, or a brand new JL 13w7 with warranty from a guy that works at an authorized JL dealer for $540.

Oh yeah, my birthsheet on the Tantrum is 1507 and I have beefed up my electrical with a XS D3400 and other mods, so I have the proper electrical. All thoughts, comments and opinions are appreciated. Let me have it fellas. Thanks!

i know for a fact you can put a ported 12 box in that trunk.lol. a ton of people have done it. and if you want sheer output over other things, thats the way to go. now to the subs themselves, both of the ones you listed are great sounding subs. i'd be prefer the older model xxx over the new, but regardless its a good sub

i know for a fact you can put a ported 12 box in that trunk.lol. a ton of people have done it. and if you want sheer output over other things, thats the way to go. now to the subs themselves, both of the ones you listed are great sounding subs. i'd be prefer the older model xxx over the new, but regardless its a good sub
Dude, get in my inbox ASAP, lol. The trunk is small as hell. i removed the Mach 460 amp thingy in the back and it's stil small as hell. If you got any experience with boxes for this car, PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEASE let me know what's up. I've been researching this for weeks and the only ported boxes I've seen in Mustangs are fiberglass(which I don't wanna do) or the enclosures are on the back seats.

bro there most be something im missing here. do you have access to ur car? if so, take some measurements real quick. max height, max depth (measured from top of rear seats), and max width (in between wheel wells or the narrowest part). and lemme know what you come up with

bro there most be something im missing here. do you have access to ur car? if so, take some measurements real quick. max height, max depth (measured from top of rear seats), and max width (in between wheel wells or the narrowest part). and lemme know what you come up with

Yep, it's outside right now.

There's 34 & 3/4" of length available.

2011-01-26_14-46-22_354.jpg

This is the box pushed all the way to the left.

2011-01-26_14-40-00_251.jpg

The 2 rear speakers hang so low the top of the box hits the box hits them. The height available from the carpet to the rear speakers is 14 inches.

2011-01-26_14-38-37_819.jpg

2011-01-26_14-36-53_282.jpg

Putting the box in from the inside of the car, the height is 12 & 1/2" and the width is 31 & 1/2"

so 34.75 x 14 x ???....
so far you have gobs of room for a ported enclosure //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
If so, can you possibly give me the exact specifications for a ported box for one or both of these subs? I don't know if it's that easy to do or not. If so, I'd really appreciate it man.

was the 12w7 sealed? i'd do the 13w7 ported, I dont think you 't really have the power for a xxx.

also, you might want to figure out how you blew the old sub so you dont do it again to another 500$ one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.